Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More Power

arnie_omagh

i have a 1.6 16v focus and already have a 4 2 1 manifold, straight though exhaust with de cat and back box.

i was wondering is there anything else i could do for more power?

Cams?

Webers?

Would sort of cost and power gain would any more modifaictions be?

any info apreciated

i have a 1.6 16v focus and already have a 4 2 1 manifold, straight though exhaust with de cat and back box.

i was wondering is there anything else i could do for more power?

Cams?

Webers?

Would sort of cost and power gain would any more modifaictions be?

any info apreciated

Enclosed inductions set up correctly with a good air feed might get you a couple of bhp, once youve finished modding try a remap to iron things out abit more. For key engine parts try this http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/xindex.php they cost a mint but its top quality engine guts.

What about a turbo kit? be expensive and im not sure if they even exsist for the 1.6 but worth a look if your after serious gains.

Also what about stripping the interior out removing backseats etc all thats free and reduices weight massivley.

Mike

could start with these.stil no bids yet so if your lucky you might get them cheap http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

if youre serious a bigger engine youll spend a lot for not a lot of power for what youll spend on cams etc youde get a bigger engine out the box with more power than all that can make together

if youre serious a bigger engine youll spend a lot for not a lot of power for what youll spend on cams etc youde get a bigger engine out the box with more power than all that can make together

Art whats the biggest engine u can genuinally fit into a focus ive seen the yanks fitting v8's in them but that required a s**t load of cash structural reworking new chassis etc so sod that but i was thinking along the lines of mk2 mondey v6's etc

Mike

Art whats the biggest engine u can genuinally fit into a focus ive seen the yanks fitting v8's in them but that required a s**t load of cash structural reworking new chassis etc so sod that but i was thinking along the lines of mk2 mondey v6's etc

Mike

you can go A as bg as you want if you have the cash chevvy v8s and hot rod engines even mustang engines but for real power a zetec e unit in 1.8 format can be tuned to 150 bhp before going into turbos 130 is a case of remap 130bhp ecu and rs1800 cams a 2.olitre can go with a couple of grand to 200bhp the zetec se engines from say a racing puma 150bhp a duratec with some cash can go to 300bhp americans always go big but with big is heavy the yanks have failed to understand anything very few yank motors can go round a bend sometimes smaller is better had a shot of a hyundai 2.0litre coupe today all i can say is amazing car loved it definately have one of them without thinking about it but you can go as big as you want wether it works without overheatings a different story biggest ive seen was a mustang engine with 500bhp into a focus but it was a 35,000 us dollars job and it doesnt say if it overheated or was fine to drive

you can go A as bg as you want if you have the cash chevvy v8s and hot rod engines even mustang engines but for real power a zetec e unit in 1.8 format can be tuned to 150 bhp before going into turbos 130 is a case of remap 130bhp ecu and rs1800 cams a 2.olitre can go with a couple of grand to 200bhp the zetec se engines from say a racing puma 150bhp a duratec with some cash can go to 300bhp americans always go big but with big is heavy the yanks have failed to understand anything very few yank motors can go round a bend sometimes smaller is better had a shot of a hyundai 2.0litre coupe today all i can say is amazing car loved it definately have one of them without thinking about it but you can go as big as you want wether it works without overheatings a different story biggest ive seen was a mustang engine with 500bhp into a focus but it was a 35,000 us dollars job and it doesnt say if it overheated or was fine to drive

I've seen 1.8 turbo conversions nocking around the internet and the idea has sparked a few thoughts and it seems like something id quite like to do lol. Seen supercharged 1.8's aswell think id prefer one of those but the kit is about 3grand for the "stage 3" :P the hyundai coupes are nice cars just a guy up my street owned one and he was a convicted pedo so that kinda scared that car good and proper.

If you youtube v8 focus youll see the kinda things im on about but i think on our streets with the police youd get about 30ft down the road before your pulled on a good day.

Mike

I've seen 1.8 turbo conversions nocking around the internet and the idea has sparked a few thoughts and it seems like something id quite like to do lol. Seen supercharged 1.8's aswell think id prefer one of those but the kit is about 3grand for the "stage 3" tongue.gif the hyundai coupes are nice cars just a guy up my street owned one and he was a convicted pedo so that kinda scared that car good and proper.

If you youtube v8 focus youll see the kinda things im on about but i think on our streets with the police youd get about 30ft down the road before your pulled on a good day.

Mike

the turbo convrsions suffer on mid range it can be done but afetr driveng a few i wouldnt do it the engines dont like it much either the bmainb bearings need upgraded and it can all be costly whacking in an st engines the easiest way to go

the turbo convrsions suffer on mid range it can be done but afetr driveng a few i wouldnt do it the engines dont like it much either the bmainb bearings need upgraded and it can all be costly whacking in an st engines the easiest way to go

Yeah but a st170 can only do 0-60 in 7.9secs which is at best luke warm if it was me id be aiming for 6-7secs from a modded focus so the only way i can see is a mondey engine or a tuning kit etc

Mike

Yeah but a st170 can only do 0-60 in 7.9secs which is at best luke warm if it was me id be aiming for 6-7secs from a modded focus so the only way i can see is a mondey engine or a tuning kit etc

Mike

the mndeo engines ie v6 were not strong engines ive ionly seen 2 and both were seriously bust if im honest if its hot hatches then really were talking about real power vw turbo and supercharged cars are great for tuning big torque great power the hyundai i mentioned in v6 form with the tuning kit from hyundai there own kit makes a serious car fords really apart from the 220 etc have never been hot hatches even the old xr2 xr3 in there time were good but now they are just old it would be interesting as to just what other engines could easily fit the focus

the mndeo engines ie v6 were not strong engines ive ionly seen 2 and both were seriously bust if im honest if its hot hatches then really were talking about real power vw turbo and supercharged cars are great for tuning big torque great power the hyundai i mentioned in v6 form with the tuning kit from hyundai there own kit makes a serious car fords really apart from the 220 etc have never been hot hatches even the old xr2 xr3 in there time were good but now they are just old it would be interesting as to just what other engines could easily fit the focus

sorry if its already been mentioned, what about a focus rs conversion? 2.0 turbo?

sorry if its already been mentioned, what about a focus rs conversion? 2.0 turbo?

You got a spare 5 grand stef123 :P jokes! thats not a bad idea in truth just as big a job as fitting a bigger engine or doing cams etc id of thought.

Artscot ive seen a subaru sti engine conversion in a focus before and that absoutly flew although it was rumored to cost well into the couble figures lol.

Mike

You got a spare 5 grand stef123 tongue.gif jokes! thats not a bad idea in truth just as big a job as fitting a bigger engine or doing cams etc id of thought.

Artscot ive seen a subaru sti engine conversion in a focus before and that absoutly flew although it was rumored to cost well into the couble figures lol.

Mike

i wouldnt waste the cash if i had it ide just buy a faster car i know they want to be different but really ive seen guys spend 20grand on there focus and in the end it aint worth near that you could go out with a few grand and buy an old nissan fiat turbo etc etc yeash there old but they are fast and it wont cost 20 grand

I've seen 1.8 turbo conversions nocking around the internet and the idea has sparked a few thoughts and it seems like something id quite like to do lol. Seen supercharged 1.8's aswell think id prefer one of those but the kit is about 3grand for the "stage 3" :P the hyundai coupes are nice cars just a guy up my street owned one and he was a convicted pedo so that kinda scared that car good and proper.

Mike

wow this is heading from tuning a 1.6 to a pedo how did that happen :lol:

wow this is heading from tuning a 1.6 to a pedo how did that happen :lol:

Yeahhh welll lmao ..... add a bit of varity in there

Mike

Mike

im waiting on next few posts mike.this could end up a epic win way things are going :lol:

Mike

yeah strange how these discussions change maybe you need to be careful of old men in hyundai coupes and hope youre 1.6 is tuned if you look like his type so you can get away before he gets you rolleyes.gif

yeah strange how these discussions change maybe you need to be careful of old men in hyundai coupes and hope youre 1.6 is tuned if you look like his type so you can get away before he gets you rolleyes.gif

right lets throw a spanner in works.just before i bought focus i nearly bought a 1.8 hyundai coupe straight up!!!.only had 25,000k onit but was automatic so didnt bother.does that mean ive got issues LOOOOOOOOOOOOL :lol:

Lmao i dont think im his type unfortunatly im legal although ever since i found that out i did activate the autolocking on the focus just incase he sneaks in and hides behind the seat, planns to rape me then leave to wake up in a field in the middle of nowhere with a sore !Removed!. Let your imagination run whild boys, peace out lmao

Mike

Lmao i dont think im his type unfortunatly im legal although ever since i found that out i did activate the autolocking on the focus just incase he sneaks in and hides behind the seat, planns to rape me then leave to wake up in a field in the middle of nowhere with a sore !Removed!. Let your imagination run whild boys, peace out lmao

Mike

well if hes hiding in the back seat the auto locking has you fxxxxd then had that on the passat deactivated it i hate being locked in my motor when i driving at least i can get out and run unfortunately for you youll need extra padded seats biggrin.gif

well if hes hiding in the back seat the auto locking has you fxxxxd then had that on the passat deactivated it i hate being locked in my motor when i driving at least i can get out and run unfortunately for you youll need extra padded seats biggrin.gif

I know hence why i fitted the leathers and if my mate can get open the door when the deadlocks are on with a struggle i think that if a guy was trying to rape me a car door lock wouldant hold me back from running away, if things didnt go to plan id snap a cd and attack him with that. Then again i am welsh so if he was wearing a wollie cardy id stil run a mile but see it more as payback then pedofilia

Mike

I know hence why i fitted the leathers and if my mate can get open the door when the deadlocks are on with a struggle i think that if a guy was trying to rape me a car door lock wouldant hold me back from running away, if things didnt go to plan id snap a cd and attack him with that. Then again i am welsh so if he was wearing a wollie cardy id stil run a mile but see it more as payback then pedofilia

Mike

looking for a set of leathers myself there was a set at my local scrappy but i wasnt giving him 70 each for the fronts and 100 for the rears he can take a jump at that moneys tight the now anyway as my work closed worked for a garage and the guy shut down the small one i could have stayed on but not for the cash he was offering so unemployed but seats will be on the agenda eventually kids shoes etc come first

looking for a set of leathers myself there was a set at my local scrappy but i wasnt giving him 70 each for the fronts and 100 for the rears he can take a jump at that moneys tight the now anyway as my work closed worked for a garage and the guy shut down the small one i could have stayed on but not for the cash he was offering so unemployed but seats will be on the agenda eventually kids shoes etc come first

Nip on eBay theres a fair few sets nocking around on there these days, ive just stuck my fabric rear bench on this morning with the headrests etc hopefully that'l go soon as fir the kids shies, kleenex tissue boxes do the job :P

Mike

Nip on ebay theres a fair few sets nocking around on there these days, ive just stuck my fabric rear bench on this morning with the headrests etc hopefully that'l go soon as fir the kids shies, kleenex tissue boxes do the job tongue.gif

Mike

my local scrappy is a mate so ive got him looking out for a set when they come in ill just clean the blood off them lol kleenex boxes you can tell you aint got kids 6yr olds have streety cred these days especially females im outnumbered 3 to 1 the mrs 26 the 6yr old and a 15mnth old with an attitude the price we pay for having a dangly bit lol cant say that i wanted kids wouldnt change it either but leather is a lot easier to clean in all situations

my local scrappy is a mate so ive got him looking out for a set when they come in ill just clean the blood off them lol kleenex boxes you can tell you aint got kids 6yr olds have streety cred these days especially females im outnumbered 3 to 1 the mrs 26 the 6yr old and a 15mnth old with an attitude the price we pay for having a dangly bit lol cant say that i wanted kids wouldnt change it either but leather is a lot easier to clean in all situations

I love my leather seats deffo having them in my next focus and im aware kids have street cred alot of them also need taking down a peg, parking there push bikes in car parking spaces and not expecting us to run over them or well i live on the back of a wood and before now ive seen peoples bikes put up at the top of trees to stop them riding round the streets haha i love living here :P .

Mike