Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Fiesta dashcam

phaigherty

Hi and thanks in advance.

I am going to install a blackvue 750 2ch dash cam to missus 67 plate fiesta titanium.

Can any one recommend which fuses i should piggy back off?

I am more than confident in doing the job. I'm just a little unsure about what fuses are best.

I need a switched live and permanent live due to having the blackvue magicbox pro. She has the moonroof, heated seats, wing mirrors

Are the fuses in this car mini or micro? Sorry I am at work and trying to order everything for weekend.

Thanks again.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Is that the correct fuse list? Mine was different to that I'm sure.

Im doing the same thing at the moment - my local Ford dealer says piggyback it to fuse 4, push button ignition switch.  Now to search for the fuse box, that Im led to believe is under the glove box which refuses to come as per the owners manual !!!

Just now, Snapper54 said:

Im doing the same thing at the moment - my local Ford dealer says piggyback it to fuse 4, push button ignition switch.  Now to search for the fuse box, that Im led to believe is under the glove box which refuses to come as per the owners manual !!!

It's just behind a little carpet panel in the passenger footwell, two yellow push clips release it.

Thanks Alex I'll check that out in the morning................is there a decent earth close to it ?

Thanks Alex I'll check that out in the morning................is there a decent earth close to it ?

Yes, but it's a bit awkward to get to. Just to the left of the fusebox is a thread with nut coming straight out of the metal bulkhead, I used that for ground.

Sorry to be a pain!  is that nut to the left you used for earth a captive nut?     looks about 5mm size

On 10/12/2018 at 4:55 PM, alexp999 said:

Yes, but it's a bit awkward to get to. Just to the left of the fusebox is a thread with nut coming straight out of the metal bulkhead, I used that for ground.

Im referring to your reply yesterday - was it possible to undo this nut ???  they can often be attached to the main body and therefore 'captive'....... I dont see any others that may be used as an earth !

Im referring to your reply yesterday - was it possible to undo this nut ???  they can often be attached to the main body and therefore 'captive'....... I dont see any others that may be used as an earth !

Nut undid, left thread attached to body.

10 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Nut undid, left thread attached to body.

👍👍👍

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry i didnt realise anyone replied, i was waiting on email notifications.

Ive routed both the front and rear cameras this morning and just plugged them into the 12v (cig) aux point to set them up. Is this a permanent live or is it on a timer? I have read somewhere it is on a 75 minute timer. Not come accross a permanent live one before.

Thanks for the switched live infomation. Any suggestions on a permanent live? the magic box needs switched and permanent. I have a multimeter but im really not electrically minded at all and dont want to ***** something up :) .

Are these mini or micro 2 fuses? i think i could have possibly ordered the wrong fuse taps.

Thanks

Pete

The fuse size is micro 2. For a permanent live I used fuse 24 (unused) in the fuse box in passenger footwell

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lst said:

The fuse size is micro 2. For a permanent live I used fuse 24 (unused) in the fuse box in passenger footwell

Should i just put a 20amp fuse in this? Or will 5 amp be ok?

I would say a 5 amp should be plenty, I have a blackvue 750 2ch dash cam and it takes around 350mA

The fuse size is dictated buy the wire size its protecting. As all dash cams come with very thin wire I really wouldn't go above 2 amps.

Also when selecting which fuse to take your feed from I always go for blank spaces in the fuse box first as if you are using a add a link you can just plug is into the one contact that is in the blank spot failing that i would use things like audio supply , rear wiper etc as if anything goes wrong whilst driving you are not putting yourself at risk.

I bought a Nextbase hard wiring kit which is good but it didn't contain a micro2 fuse tap - after contacting their customer support they posted a micro2 fuse tap out to me, FOC !  This is now piggybacked into fuse No 3. Whatever you do dont buy cheap memory cards, their are a lot about at the moment that are not fit for purpose and also corrupt - 'but cheap, pay twice' !!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club