Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DTC code help

scoop64

Hi, first post, just been given a 2006 1.4 ford focus, apparently it has a fault, a round cog sometimes  comes on dash,  car then runs rough and will cut out when you stop, but when you  restart car the runs fine, now i have driver this car  now for a hour and ahalf and the fault didn't show, car was serviced last week, mechanic told owner needs proper diagnostics done on it , so i read on here about the ford dashboard  trick, came up dtc D900, anyone know what this means?  also blower only works on 3 and 4 not on 1 and 2,  don't think its resistor, would this then only work on 4 if it was?

Thanks

4 hours ago, scoop64 said:

Hi, first post, just been given a 2006 1.4 ford focus, apparently it has a fault, a round cog sometimes  comes on dash,  car then runs rough and will cut out when you stop, but when you  restart car the runs fine, now i have driver this car  now for a hour and ahalf and the fault didn't show, car was serviced last week, mechanic told owner needs proper diagnostics done on it , so i read on here about the ford dashboard  trick, came up dtc D900, anyone know what this means?  also blower only works on 3 and 4 not on 1 and 2,  don't think its resistor, would this then only work on 4 if it was?

Thanks

Although there are never any guarantees (apart from Audi drivers driving like "helmet polishers") the exact symptoms of the resistor having failed in 1 or more of the fan positions don't work.  On my MK2 it was only fan speed position 1 that didn't work.

19 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

Although there are never any guarantees (apart from Audi drivers driving like "helmet polishers") the exact symptoms of the resistor having failed in 1 or more of the fan positions don't work.  On my MK2 it was only fan speed position 1 that didn't work.

so could be resistor, easy to replace ? also do these have a pollen filter?

8 minutes ago, scoop64 said:

so could be resistor, easy to replace ? also do these have a pollen filter?

Yup, it's fairly common for it to after a few years or so.  All MK2 Focus have a pollen filter and all in the same place (passenger side footwell to the left of the GEM (fusebox), although @iantt holds the world record for the fasting time to change one, us mere mortals find it a little more inconvenient.  You don't need a lot of tools it's just a lot of awkward twisting about and trying to get the filter past the rather stiff wiring coming out of the GEM.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

Yup, it's fairly common for it to after a few years or so.  All MK2 Focus have a pollen filter and all in the same place (passenger side footwell to the left of the GEM (fusebox), although @iantt holds the world record for the fasting time to change one, us mere mortals find it a little more inconvenient.  You don't need a lot of tools it's just a lot of awkward twisting about and trying to get the filter past the rather stiff wiring coming out of the GEM.

weres the resistor near the pollen filter ?

Yup, pretty much alongside it.  If you're doing 1 you might as well do the other.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club