Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk7 Multiple ECU errors - won't start

Sarah_m12

Hi everyone,

I am new here so I apologise if this is posted in the wrong place. 

I am after some advice on ecu errors for my 2013 ecoboost please. Yesterday I was driving along no issues what so ever, then suddenly car just coughs a few times and comes to a complete stop. Engine malfunction popped up and service now,  then went completely dead except for the electronics, engine will not start at all. I disconnected the battery to reset it all and nothing. Took it to the garage today and there were tons of ecu errors all unrelated. They wiped them and the car started fine, only cut out again minutes later, so they wiped it again and it would not start at all. Has anyone experienced this? Or have an idea of what it could be? 

Thanks

possibly fuel pump issue, but surely the garage can diagnose what your issue is? 

They are calling in an auto electrician who traces fault codes back, because there are so many and they don’t relate to each other. He will be taking a look on Monday, I’m just dreading it’s the ECU that could have failed?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem with mine, It was the fuel pump on the engine(not in the tank). I was getting zero fuel pressure in the very cold weather, sometimes it was fine others it would not start.