Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2 update

Rumblestrip
聽Share

Finally had an email from Ford telling me I can update my sync 2 and maps. Does anyone know if they're free updates or paid?

Screenshot_20181013_104746.jpg

Just now, Rumblestrip said:

Finally had an email from Ford telling me I can update my sync 2 and maps. Does anyone know if they're free updates or paid?

Screenshot_20181013_104746.jpgps I can't get access to download them yet as in in Spain. Not bragging either 馃槈

Map updates for the SYNC 2 system have been available for many Years. These are paid map updates (Sold on SD-card) which are unfortunately really expensive.

The only map updates that are free are the SYNC 3 map updates.

• Like 1

I think it's 拢120 or so via the dealers?

Check out e bay, I got my last 1 for about 拢20.

F7 is the latest SD map card.

Screenshot_20181013_104746.thumb.jpg.3fa7babb8ff1bc1d3c3ec142b852d60e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would imagine the sync software is a free update but the maps are on an SD card so that will be chargeable I'm guessing

They will charge to update the software too, unless it's required to fix another fault. Another 拢100+.

Google "updated sync2 the easy way". It's a long thread but gives the files to download for free. I did it a while back.

I would imagine the sync software is a free update but the maps are on an SD card so that will be chargeable I'm guessing

In the USA you can download updates for free over the internet and I Australia they give free map updates with a dealer service.

In Europe it's a the usual RIP off. Annoying when you pay 拢拢拢 for a car.

They will charge to update the software too, unless it's required to fix another fault. Another 拢100+.

Google "updated sync2 the easy way". It's a long thread but gives the files to download for free. I did it a while back.

I got that email too. I presume it鈥檚 only advertising the new maps and not and update to Sync 2 itself?

I got my F7 card for 拢18 and it鈥檚 added a lot more road information over existing card data.聽

The picture on the email was odd though. Showed a Sync 3 menu system at the bottom of a Sync 2 screen. Is this just photoshopping (in which case, why?) or is there an update to sync 2 ??

That's a good price for an f7 card, do you have a link?

I got that email too. I presume it鈥檚 only advertising the new maps and not and update to Sync 2 itself?
I got my F7 card for 拢18 and it鈥檚 added a lot more road information over existing card data.聽
The picture on the email was odd though. Showed a Sync 3 menu system at the bottom of a Sync 2 screen. Is this just photoshopping (in which case, why?) or is there an update to sync 2 ??

I got that email as well. When I clicked on the link to find out more, it checks your VIN, and it told me that mine was up to date. It wasn't, as I had F6.

Later that day, my F7 card arrived from eBay, I plugged in and it works perfectly. Was 拢22.50, now gone up to 拢25.50!

eBay item number聽153003060118

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitXlover said:

That's a good price for an f7 card, do you have a link?

Mine was from a friend.聽

Was babsically the cost of a decent SD card from what I can see as it doesn鈥檛 look genuine but works fine.聽

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pebbleheed said:

Where did you get the F7 card for 拢18?

1 hour ago, Pebbleheed said:

See the post above yours 馃槃

Yeah I just seen that D'oh!

Gone for the e bay option, 拢25, hopefully will be ok. The last one f5 was fine.

I got that email as well. When I clicked on the link to find out more, it checks your VIN, and it told me that mine was up to date. It wasn't, as I had F6.
Later that day, my F7 card arrived from Ebay, I plugged in and it works perfectly. Was 拢22.50, now gone up to 拢25.50!
Ebay item number聽153003060118

Got f7 SD card from e bay, arrived by post today, slotted in and seem to work ok.

Out of town tomorrow so will see how it is then, but seems as advertised.

Probably cloned copy, but if Ford didn't charge eye watering amount they would probably sell more.

On recent service they said I needed a new front driver side wiper blade. Only 拢50 fitted! Bought 2 for 拢24 on line, took about 30 seconds to fit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club