Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with fuel filter change fiesta sport van diesel

Coley190368

Hi wonder if anyone can help me please. This is my first post so be gentle lol. I want to change the fuel filter on my 17 plate sport van diesel. How many nuts hold the metal cover on above the fuel filter. I can see the front one. Also when I change the filter what’s the best way to re start after the filter change cheers 

19 minutes ago, iantt said:

courier van ? 1.6 or 1.5 tdci?

ok, i know you said fiesta but was thinking of courier. rare sight the fiesta van. what engine?  2 different brackets depending on engine. also the later 1.5 is easier to bleed as theres a pre filter pump that bleeds the fuel through. 1,6 you will need to bled the fuel through. 

Mine is the later 15 diesel 2017 . It has a black steel bracket above it which holds the cover. 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

ok, i know you said fiesta but was thinking of courier. rare sight the fiesta van. what engine?  2 different brackets depending on engine. also the later 1.5 is easier to bleed as theres a pre filter pump that bleeds the fuel through. 1,6 you will need to bled the fuel through. 

It the 1.5 diesel the later one 2017 . It has a black bracket above that holds the engine cover. The filter element itself is only small

Ok, the bracket has a pipe bracket and 2 nuts covering the filter bracket that needs removing in addition to the one you can see. The nuts are to the left and rear. Then filter pipes can be removed. Socket on the top of housing , undo and remove filter and housing top.

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Ok, the bracket has a pipe bracket and 2 nuts covering the filter bracket that needs removing in addition to the one you can see. The nuts are to the left and rear. Then filter pipes can be removed. Socket on the top of housing , undo and remove filter and housing top.

Ok great so the at three nuts holding the bracket down , that makes sense I removed the front one and loosened one of the others and it didn’t budge. What do you do are to bleed the filter are they a pain cheers 

in your case it should have a pump, basically change the filter . reassemble, switch ign on for 40 secs. thats it. you can check first if you want by disconnecting the filter outlet pipe, place a rag or sonething to catch the fuel and switch ign on briefly to see if fuel comes out. if it doesnt you will need a primer pump to draw air out . 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club