Do Not Sell My Personal Information

are these 60 ps or 82 ps fiestas

the goat

hi folks

got to get daughter a new car, and want a fiesta 1.25 82ps, as she drives up/down A1 to work so needs a bit of push

seen there are 3 fiesta's at the auction this week, 

2 x Zetec  sept 13,       mar 11.

1 x style  nov 11, 

I've got the reg's, is there any way to tell if they are 60ps or 82 ps models

ford etis   http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do    could probably tell you.  register for free and it gives you the spec of the car in minute detail.

If when you click on Vehicle it does not have reg. no. look up (only VIN) then alter to UK in preferences

actually maybe it does not. I just looked up mine which is 1.5tdci but it does not say if it is 75bhp or 95bhp version.  I know it is 95bhp as it is Econetic which only came in 95bhp but it does not say this. Non econetic were generally 75bhp.  perhaps those in the know can tell from engine code  1.5L SOHC DI TC DSL DV5FD B

what the ford etis screen looks like (the minor features scrolls down about 100 lines of stuff)

Primary Features

Build Date: 05.11.2015
Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2012-
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: Econetic
Engine: 1.5L SOHC DI TC DSL DV5FD B
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5
Drive: RHD FWD
Axle Ratio: 3.05
Emission: Euro 6 Emissions
Air Conditioning: Manual Air Conditioning
Territory: (+)"GB"
Paint: Panther Black (Metallic)
Interior Fabric:

Match Point/View Charcoal Black

Minor Features

•  Less Roof Line Conversion
  •  Less Rear Mudflaps
  •  Less Front Door Sill Protection
  •  With Glovebox Illumination
  •  Accessory Media Hub 1XUSB
  •  Less Interior Pack
  •  Less Front Mudflaps
  •  With Hill Launch Assist
  •  Brake System - Regenerative
  •  My Key
  •  Less Bulkhead
  •  Tailgate - Powered Upper
  •  Less Tie Down Hooks
  •  Niehl Plant Built
  •  Less Special Equipment Package
  •  Less Exterior Dress Up Package
  •  Less Marketing Flex Prep Pack
  •  Less Sales badge
  •  Less Special Order Paint
  •  Less SVO Application/Label
  •  Less Exterior Appearance Pack
  •  Marketing Level 1
  •  Less Dress Up RSO
  •  (-) SVP
  •  Less SIP
  •  Less Paint Package
  •  Less Carline Badges
  •  Less Cooling Pack
  •  For Normal Temperature Zones

the regs of the cars are

SF63OYA

BG11DRV

BG61ZHE

not seen them yet,  will view on monday

SF63OYA - 82ps

BG11DRV - 82ps

BG61ZHE - 60ps

You say it needs a bit of push, get the 1.0 then, it comes with 100-125-140 take your pick

• Like 2

just feel these souped up 1.0 are not going to last that long

I get what you mean, there won't be many 400,000 mile warriors in a decades time, but as long as you look after it (specifically the turbo warming up/cooling down) then there's no reason why the engine will unexpectedly go pop so soon.

8 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

SF63OYA - 82ps

BG11DRV - 82ps

BG61ZHE - 60ps

You say it needs a bit of push, get the 1.0 then, it comes with 100-125-140 take your pick

I second this,

I drive my 125 up and down the A1 every day as I work at the Metro Centre, and it does absolutely brilliantly (especially on the bank after Team valley) and has better performance than my 1.25 did. 

As Luke said as long as it's looked after, it will look after her. Mine has almost 50k miles on it and it's never had any engine problems.

I'm currently averaging 47.6 mpg with it too.

Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, the goat said:

just feel these souped up 1.0 are not going to last that long

This did enter my mind when i was looking 4 years ago,pushing a 1 litre 3 cylinder.

having the feeling that they are soupped up engines, if anything went wrong with the car (not just the engine) I would always say to myself "why did I get that soupped up car"

52 minutes ago, the goat said:

having the feeling that they are soupped up engines, if anything went wrong with the car (not just the engine) I would always say to myself "why did I get that soupped up car"

They was designed from the ground up to handle the extra soupiness, just service it when needed and she'll be fine. Ignore anything you read in the news as any issues are now paid for by Ford and have most likely already been fixed before you buy.

Our soupped up cars are super.....

Our 7.5 and 8 move like greased s**t for small engines cars.

1.0 Ecoboost engines, especially the soupped up140's are fantastic.

Soupped up all the way, they are designed to be soupped up, built for being soupped up.

After having these, I would 100% definitely regret having another fiesta that isn't soupped up.

More soups than Campbell's.. 

Nothing else to be said. 👍

"having the feeling that they are soupped up engines, if anything went wrong with the car (not just the engine) I would always say to myself "why did I get that soupped up car" "

I was thinking that two years ago and that is why I bought a 1.5tdci instead of the 1litre ecoboost at that time. I just felt that the 1.0 ecoboost is working hard all of the time, whereas the 1.5tdci is not.

I am not saying I am right of course, maybe people will have 1litre ecoboost engines that do over 150k miles with no problems.

the 1litre ecoboost will feel infinitely better then the 1.25litre. It's not just about comparing the bhp, compare the torque also. The 75bhp diesel will feel better in my view than the 1.25 petrol(mine is the 95bhp Econetic diesel). But then people will tell you horror stories about the particle filters.

I would say the 1.25 litre petrol is a very good choice for trouble free motoring if the performave does not annoy you too much, getting slower and slower on long hills.

• Like 1

It's a shame the reputation of the Ecoboost has been tarnished by the cooling system issues (and Ford's poor response) - I don't remember reading of any major mechanical issues cropping up. Saw somewhere that Pumaspeed had actually got one up to over 200ps with a change of turbo, induction and exhaust mods and software, but completely standard internals. The only issue was that the synchro was wilting a bit (this was a Mk 7.5 with the old 5 speed box).

As for the 1.25, I've mentioned elsewhere that the Mrs had an 82ps for 3 years or so. She only does local trips so we used it for a good few holidays to give it a run out. It coped very well on motorways etc but as @isetta suggests, it could run out of steam on long drags. What worked for me was changing down a little earlier than you might normally expect to, and giving it plenty of revs - it never complained (unlike the Mrs!).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club