Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'singing' Electric Folding Wing Mirrors.......

calmcdermott

Hi all,

Was wondering does anyone else's electric folding mirrors sometimes 'sing' (high pitched squeek/squel) when you fold them in, it sounds sort of cute but annoying at the same time???

Hi all,

Was wondering does anyone else's electric folding mirrors sometimes 'sing' (high pitched squeek/squel) when you fold them in, it sounds sort of cute but annoying at the same time???

Small spray of white grease on the hinge will sort the problem,it did on mine.

Small spray of white grease on the hinge will sort the problem,it did on mine.

Nice ons thanks, guess with the constant snow and rain its just bit dry ;) will bug dad tomorrow for some!

Hi all,

Was wondering does anyone else's electric folding mirrors sometimes 'sing'

mine just hum - they probably don't know the words :) :)

mine just hum - they probably don't know the words :) :)

:D :D :D

My car sometimes 'sings' just after I've locked it up (but once the mirrors have already folded). It's like a combination of a mouse squeaking and the noise when you let a balloon go.

Hi all,

Mine does the same mostly when it is cold weather and I also get the singing from under the bonnet when I set nthe alarm system in the cold weather.

At least iv managed to give people a laugh, i couldnt think how else 2 describe it lol!

Okay... I just got back home. The mirrors folded with their usual hum and then, out of nowhere, just as they were reaching the end of their travel I could hear a faint whine that eventually got louder and more symphonic. In fact I'm fairly sure that it was the first few minutes of Adagio for Strings. Ok maybe not, but I did hear my wingmirrors singing in the wild for the first time!

<Simon Cowell> Did I think that was the best song I've ever heard from a wing mirror? No. Was it the right song for right here, right now? No. Do you have a lawyer? Do you have a singing teacher? Get a lawyer - sue your singing teacher, you're not going to boot camp wing mirror...</Simon Cowell>

Anyone who shops or (unfortunately) works in Sainsbury's may be familiar with the singing receipt machines. It was quite nice for about an hour. They've been there for around 8 months now and they're starting to grate just a little bit. Having to fake smile at the customer's "OH IT MAKES A TUNE, HAHAHAHAHA" over and over sort of loses it's originality after a while. I need a new job!

The ones on the landrovers make a sort of squeaky hum as they fold. I'm a tightwad though so dont have self folding mirrors on my fiesta!

lol they are worth the spend though, makes them tight country lanes a lot bigger when you have to squeeze past another car, i wont talk to michaelp too much about country lanes after his latest experience! :blink:

yeah, mine do sometimes, always wondered, and more often than not, when they have stopped folding!

yeah, mine do sometimes, always wondered, and more often than not, when they have stopped folding!

Yea thats what mine does, you look back and think wtf? :blink:

Yea thats what mine does, you look back and think wtf? :blink:

Mine do it after they've folded too! Must be a common thing, it's always like three sort of chirps as well, each one longer than the one before it.

I only discovered using the interior button to fold them the other day when I was passing a big van on a tight lane... another nice way to show off! :D