Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dashboard clock

lasthope

can the clocks on the dashboard on a  focus tdci 1.6 mk2  2008 make the car cut out when driving had down local garage on a  diaganostic  and lad said it was down to some kind of module on the dash  so he says need to send clocks away to get the tested 58quid and if broke would need new clocks 180+ think he said is this right

yes, seen this mentioned many times on this forum. There is like a computer chip thing in the speedo/rev counter console that controls a lot of electrical stuff on the car. The soldering on some of the connections inside the unit goes bad and causes all kinds of strange behaviour. They can often be repaired by anyone who is experience with a hand held soldering iron, but you have to take the thing apart

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0uQgvrp1xg"

one youtube video

i but iam having no probs at all with dash clocks reading some post about them flashing and speedo and vevs going mad lol me car just went dead for a spit sec 2 times seemed like the dash was just re setting it self again i if you had a dead battery,,poped my bonnet  and noticed the live on battery was lose,so when the lad done test drove it for about  2o mins car never cut out

as you found something else wrong(the loose battery connection) I would suggest you try it for a while with the connection done up tight and fingers crossed it will stay working fine.

The faults from the bad soldering in the speedo console can be varied and I assume that's down to which bits of the soldering are failing on the circuit board.

ok thanks lets hope need me money for santa coming lol just one thing can you take clocks out without talking air bag out and steering wheel

1 hour ago, lasthope said:

ok thanks lets hope need me money for santa coming lol just one thing can you take clocks out without talking air bag out and steering wheel

Yep, there is a small bit of trim under the clocks on top of the steering wheel, if I remember right, lift that out and there are two screws to undo. (Someone correct me if I’m wrong)

• Like 1

Cheers stoney just been looking on that site i am not getting any of them probs with clocks car been ok today i hope it was down to that lose live on battery

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club