Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mystery Return Hose near Petrol Tank?

ConFusionOwner

Having had a few stalling issues I think I may have traced it to this dangly boi:

tGEfiZ0.jpg

I found him nesting on the passenger side of the fuel tank and I believe him to be a vacuum hose somehow related to the evap system (something I know very little about other than there are a lot of hoses and they are everywhere!). Based on the curves, It feels like he wants to live somewhere near the cylindrical thing that's on the fuel tank (charcoal canister?):

b1wad00.jpg

Does anyone have any idea where this thing is supposed to connect to? I think it comes from the evap solenoid (cylindrical thing with an electrical connector, bolted onto the intake manifold in such a way that it seems like an afterthought) and is part of the fuel vapour system. I also assume it's pretty important that it is connected to something and I also suspect that it may have snapped off of something too as the plastic feel sharp and pointy (you might be able to see it in the picture).

Any advice REALLY appreciated as i've spent hours trying to solve this blasted stalling problem!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club