Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing PATS light, non starter.

Mogs

Can't view that link or vid you posted as work pc has blocked it, but i'll take a look tonight.

Edit:- Just viewed it on my phone and that's the video that helped me decide it was a 1:1 code. I'll have a good check of the wiring from the transceiver. Afternoons all weekend though and only Tuesday off next week :( I'll keep you posted. Thanks again buddy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mogs said:

the wiring from the transceiver.

Faceview of Transponder plug (wiring is in previous post):

C391.PNG

• Like 1

It's fixed! Or is it.... Oh I don't feckin know!!

Cars been sat for a couple of days, came home from work at 2pm today with laptop, found my https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/TRE27_USB_AUTO_MS_HS_CAN/p4541936_18511559.aspx

....tried to start the car before connecting laptop and she fired right up. Switched off and on several times and eventually gave the same fault of flashing PATS light. Plugged in the Laptop and Forskin points at exactly what you pointed to guys ie Transponder signal not received etc. Unplugged the transponder, checked the wires, all seems in order with no 'obvious' breaks or damage, plugged it back in and it worked and then didn't, bent the internal pins slightly for better connection in the plug, it worked and then didn't. I suspected the transponder ring then remembered my daughter's transponder threw the same fault. Hmm.

Anyway, after faffing about with the wires I can't now get it NOT to work. I hate curing a fault this way because i've no idea if it's really cured. Gonna wait till the temperature drops tonight and try to start it again.

At least I know that both keys are still working for sure, and tomorrow i'll re-solder the ICU and use a magnifying glass to inspect it closely.

I'm sure i've got further problems to come but thanks to you guys i'm convinced i'm looking in the right place.

Just another thought - if I had a bad relay or fuse (iv'e checked em all anyway) I wouldn't be getting the flashing PATS would I? With a bad relay or fuse my PATS light would go out and then still wouldn't turn over. That'd be right wouldn't it?

Thanks for the continued support 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mogs said:

if I had a bad relay or fuse (iv'e checked em all anyway) I wouldn't be getting the flashing PATS would I? With a bad relay or fuse my PATS light would go out and then still wouldn't turn over.

It is hard to be certain what would happen. The fuse for the transponder is F67, but this also goes to the IC. I suspect the IC gets most of its power from the battery direct via F46, but the supply via F67 tells it when the ignition is on, so it may not respond properly to the ignition key if this fuse is blown or bad contact. But it could still communicate with the ECU over the bus, and could still flash the PATS led. This flashes anyway when the ignition is off.

But it is sounding like a problem with the wiring to the transponder. It is not unknown for wiring to break inside the insulation. Bending, stretching a compressing the wiring harness can sometimes, after many trials, show up faults inside the wiring.

I hate it when gremlins go into hiding as soon as a toolkit or decent diagnostic tool hoves into view. It happens all to often. If you keep some tools & the Forscan kit in the car, the gremlim may be too frightened to ever come out again :laugh:! Or is that just wishful thinking?

• Haha 2

...and she's been fine for a week now. Must have been a loose wire going to the transponder or something. Would be nice to know for sure though as there's doubt in my mind now every time the missus or I get in the car.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I had this problem. A 2007 2.0 tdci focus. Was working fine, and parked up for a week at work, Came back to it and would not start. The immobiliser light flashing away. It then flashed code 1.1. Plugged a Delphi unit in to read and it was showing that the key was not matched. 

After a quick search found this answer on another site which'd worked for my car. 

Place key in the ignition and switch to position 2 on and off, 4 times within 5 seconds. You will here a bleep. Take key out and press the unlock button on the remote, and then place the key back into the ignition but leave in position 0. (off)

Leave for about 30 minutes and t will learn the transponder code. Mine fire up straight away.

the comments on the site would suggest this is a common fault near supermarkets 

Hoe this helps someone

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club