Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Main Beam indicator lamp on dash

Chunx4t

I have adaptive LED headlights and I have a querie. Can anyone confirm if their wee blue light stays on even when cars approach or you enter a lit area, my mondeo had the same lights, but the light used to go out when approaching cars and it appeared that the lights actually dipped, the lights in the new car do physically lower when vehicles approach but the wee blue light stays on so I assume the main beam stays on. I can't find anything online to answer my question, plus my wife told me tonight that an approaching bus flashed his lights then left them on full beam this is the first time someone has done this. Any detail would be appreciated. Cheers 

my adaptive headlights will stay on full beam when a car is approaching in the opposite direction. I think the shape of the beam changes to go around the other car. 

In another thread I mentioned about getting flashes off other cars occasionally. someone had changed the headlight settings to right hand drive traffic i'm sure and I did the same.....

this seemed to sort the problem out- you can see the beam move more to the left when you change this setting at night thus not blinding opposite traffic. the setting is confusing I think!

hope this helps

• Like 1

Yeh same for me. If you drive down a country lane with no lighting and trees both sides of the road and an oncoming car approaches, you can watch the box appear where both headlight units block out their beam in that area and as it moves with the car.

I've only been flashed once by a lorry and that was on a dual carriageway as the guardrail had blocked there headlights out in just the right way from the windscreen camera so it didn't detect them as it mentions in the manual.

• Like 1

Thanks to you both, I was just concerned that there may be a fault....and it was on a dual carriageway with a central crash barrie that the bus flashed. I could physically see the light pattern move when approaching cars and the change in shape in lit up areas, but I had assumed that the wee blue light should go out...anyway thanks again.

Think it has been well answered but it will only go out when the main beam is completely shut down IE when on a street lit road.  It does not go out when cars approach as it does not shut down the main beam entirely just the bit where the car is as above.

On a side note, how awesome are these lights!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club