Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 95' 1.8, Serious Pollution Problem

asaf.adler

Hello all,

I have a 1995 Ford Mondeo MK1.

The car has serious pollution problem. It's CO level is more than 10 times than allowed by law. (around 3.7%)

It also consumes too much gas, and its rpm (idle) is always higher than ir should - around 1300 rpm.

It suppose to be a common problem with this car - so maybe one of you knows the reason?

We looked at the oxygen sensor and it OK, also the catalytic converter and it's sensor is OK too.

Please assist.

Thank you very much!

Asaf.

Welcome to FOC Asaf.

Most people tend to search this forum using the new post link (those who venture out of the Fiesta forum anyway :lol:) so posting the same topic in four separate parts of the forum is not necessary. I have removed two of your posts, and just left those in the Mondeo and Technical Knowledge areas - I'm sure anyone who can help won't miss your topic.

alright.

Thanks,

Asaf.

Welcome to FOC Asaf.

Most people tend to search this forum using the new post link (those who venture out of the Fiesta forum anyway :lol:) so posting the same topic in four separate parts of the forum is not necessary. I have removed two of your posts, and just left those in the Mondeo and Technical Knowledge areas - I'm sure anyone who can help won't miss your topic.

• 2 weeks later...

alright.

Thanks,

Asaf.

if the lambda sensor and cat is okay then its engine sensor related which means a diagnostic to find which ones it can also be a blocked or faulty pcv valve and if the car needs a good service it woukld help