Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta parcel shelf pivot broken off

chrislee88

Hi guys,

Some time ago I noticed that the flimsy plastic which allows the parcel shelf to pivot had snapped off. By the looks of it this is incorporated into the trim so I would expect that I'll need to buy this as a whole. Has anybody had to replace this or is it easier to do some other workaround? TIA

This is the broken trim on the left side.

IMG_20181018_102651.thumb.jpg.c47924ff3448dd9fa63461381d2bb2bc.jpg

This is what is meant to be there..

IMG_20181018_102655.thumb.jpg.39c4b626a3aa4c5e4490ec22964530da.jpg

I'd be inclines to get some dowel and fit a piece in there.

presumably you can reach up under to get to the other side of the hole. put a bolt of suitable length/diameter in there from the blind side and put a nut on the side you can see. the thickness of the nut might foul the parcel shelf a bit so some trimming might be needed. 

There was a thread recently about this:

• Like 1

Hi guys, thanks for the advice. I've managed to use a screw and nut plus a nylon separator to keep it held up.

I've been to a ford dealership to check the price of the trim and it's quoted as £30, I might do this as well benefit me in the long term. Their only seems to be one screw holding the trim, is that right or will their be any hidden fixings?

Definitely worth going to a scrap yard to get this piece of trim if ford are asking £30. You'll probably get it for a fiver.

2 hours ago, Lebadoo said:

Definitely worth going to a scrap yard to get this piece of trim if ford are asking £30. You'll probably get it for a fiver.

Definitely a good idea, I'll phone around to see what I can find. Thanks.

Just an update, went to a breakers yard and got the piece for £3.50. Had to pull it off the car myself but absolute bargain compared to the £30. Thanks

• Like 2

i have not been to a breakers yard for years. I am suprised it was that cheap, I would have thought they would have a minimum charge higher than that. all the yards I remember closed down years ago.

2 hours ago, isetta said:

i have not been to a breakers yard for years. I am suprised it was that cheap, I would have thought they would have a minimum charge higher than that. all the yards I remember closed down years ago.

It was actually £1 entry and £2.50 for the part. I was surprised it was this cheap as well, I was expecting around £10.

Most seem to have a £5 minimum these days. Well done on your buy.

I haven't been a to a 'pick your own' yard for ages now, health and safety has got them all down here...maybe they're a bit more lax up North? :laugh: 

At prices like that you could buy common failing parts there and sell them on eBay at a profit...

I haven't been a to a 'pick your own' yard for ages now, health and safety has got them all down here...maybe they're a bit more lax up North? [emoji23] 
At prices like that you could buy common failing parts there and sell them on ebay at a profit...
In my experiences it seems that many unlit / unmonitored public car parks are a pick your own yard nowadays [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club