Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dash Cam Reviews Mainly (and other reviews)

jace1969

Do a lot of you look at the reviews on stuff,why i put mainly dash cams it seems these are hit and miss as they contradict themselves a lot of the times.

A lot goes on reading plates on moving cars on the other side coming towards you which mine is ok in some cases depends on the day but mainly you cant read them.

Reviews say you can,just seeing whats others do when buying items like this and what sites.

I just bought a Viofo A129 Duo and I did a fair bit of reading and research. I watched a lot of YouTube footage from ‘real’ users and not their promotional videos. I also asked opinions on the Dash Cam Talk forum and UK Bad Drivers. 

I don’t always bother to get reviews but for things like that then I will do. If it’s important that an item does it’s job well (reading number plates) then I will gather info. 

I went off friends recommendations for my last TV, and occasionally I will just take a punt on something lol.

6 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I just bought a Viofo A129 Duo and I did a fair bit of reading and research. I watched a lot of YouTube footage from ‘real’ users and not their promotional videos. I also asked opinions on the Dash Cam Talk forum and UK Bad Drivers. 

I don’t always bother to get reviews but for things like that then I will do. If it’s important that an item does it’s job well (reading number plates) then I will gather info. 

I went off friends recommendations for my last TV, and occasionally I will just take a punt on something lol.

Thats great to hear you had one of these,keep us posted on the quality of it and also reading plates on moving cars if you could,i have a A119 running 1440p which is amazing

but i also have the A119s in the rear as there is no headlights and picks up night a lot better being lower F rating on the lens,my is hit and miss on moving cars on other side

of the road but i cant fault it on anything else,it does get the plates say most times but did look at this A129 Duo.

I do look at a lot of reviews online and YouTube as well but being something like this it don't give you a 100% review on the quality of the footage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club