Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 Facelift - Programming Keys & Clock Setting

wilywalt

Hi,

Just thought i would take the time to offer some findings I recently came across whilst replacing the Alternator on a Ford Focus Mk2.5 2.0l TDCi.

I used the following guide:

https://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/18-mk1-how/6634-alternator-removal-lots-pictures.html

Although this is listed for the Ford Kuga, it was spot on for the my Ford Focus which I've had for a month! but eh Alternators do go faulty....

Like others on the guide i didn't feel the need to disconnect the fuel lines to the filter, just move to one side. The only issue i had was the removal of the bottom nut to

the alternator as space was limited no matter what you used (Wrench/spanner/ratchet) perseverance was what was needed!

The replacement Alternator was the same make and output (Denso - 150 Amp) with only a difference in part/model number though confirmed as a direct replacement with the supplier.

The only issue i did have was my only stupid fault and that was leaving the key in the bonnet latch, which i duly broke! doah!

This was put right by buying two keys from eBay which were then cut by virtue of a digital image! (£22 for 2 - not bad in my book) 

I ordered another fob to enable the opening/closing, with which came with a 4D-63 Transponder Chip from amazon.  This transponder chip was then programmed using

FORScan App  (You will need the Extended licence) without the need of having two master keys as reported on other sites/blogs/forums. Only the one key was required.

The PATS will still identify 2 keys has been programmed in the list, and this will increment to 3 once you've added another, but there wasn't the need to erase and start afresh!

Incidentally, I also came across a few articles concerning the resetting of the clock being difficult as the ECU would only go as far as 2013, and people were using the end date for Dec to get around this!

If you set the clock on the radio, this will change the date/time on the ecu/dash. This came about as I had to disconnect the battery prior to changing the Alternator!

Well that's it for now, just some tips if you haven't come across them before, some saved me a lot of money such as the cost of replacement keys, not cheap from Ford!

Safe Driving....

Wilywalt

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club