Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 V's 1.8

bt_cav

Hey folks was wondering how much diffrence there is between my 1.6 04 focus and a 1.8 of the same age. I find my 1.6 every bit as quick as my previous MK3 Cav 1.8, mind you the focus handels so much better so dont have to slow down on the bends as much ;)

Hey folks was wondering how much diffrence there is between my 1.6 04 focus and a 1.8 of the same age. I find my 1.6 every bit as quick as my previous MK3 Cav 1.8, mind you the focus handels so much better so dont have to slow down on the bends as much ;)

If your brave, you can keep up with a 1.8 its mostly top end they pull away don't ask how i know that but yeah lol. Just dont take a tdci on for some reason i got absoutly hammered by a 03plate 115bhp sport not that ive ever tried of course :rolleyes: .

Mike

If your brave, you can keep up with a 1.8 its mostly top end they pull away don't ask how i know that but yeah lol. Just dont take a tdci on for some reason i got absoutly hammered by a 03plate 115bhp sport not that ive ever tried of course :rolleyes: .

Mike

Yea my mate was looking after his mates tdci focus and he took me for spin, it put my car to shame, 3rd gear acceleration sent me deep in to the seat, I want one of thoes!!!!!!! :wub:

Yea my mate was looking after his mates tdci focus and he took me for spin, it put my car to shame, 3rd gear acceleration sent me deep in to the seat, I want one of thoes!!!!!!! :wub:

Wouldant mind one my self chipped ofcourse :P hopefully trading in my 1.6 next year just got to part myself from it :( if i even do. Deffo buying another focus though just one with a bit more kick and an off button for the saftey aids. Only thing with a diesel is there a bit lifeles and dont seem to have the charachter of the revey petrol's which id miss living in the country means lanes which means revs :P

Mike

Wouldant mind one my self chipped ofcourse tongue.gif hopefully trading in my 1.6 next year just got to part myself from it sad.gif if i even do. Deffo buying another focus though just one with a bit more kick and an off button for the saftey aids. Only thing with a diesel is there a bit lifeles and dont seem to have the charachter of the revey petrol's which id miss living in the country means lanes which means revs tongue.gif

Mike

1.8 has more torque lighter engine more power though not much but i always leavethe 1.6s though a chipped tdci would be better

1.8 has more torque lighter engine more power though not much but i always leavethe 1.6s though a chipped tdci would be better

:huh: how can the 1.8 be lighter than the 1.6 urghhh i dont bloodey know flippin fords! as for leaving the 1.6s il see you at the lights :P

Mike

huh.gif how can the 1.8 be lighter than the 1.6 urghhh i dont bloodey know flippin fords! as for leaving the 1.6s il see you at the lights tongue.gif

Mike

its down to the engines mate 1.6 has a heavier engine due to the materials used the 1.8 is a fractuion lighter as for seeing me at the lights im a mark1 zetec so my 0-60 time standard is 9.9s youres is 10.6 mine is confirmed 0-60 now of 9 secs dead im 113bhp and 160 nm torque and weigh 1140kg youve got 98bhp 0-60 10.6 seconds 143nm torque and weigh 1171kg

im almost a second quicker

15bhp more

31kg lighter

17nm more torque

my mates got a focus edge 1.6 and he always tries always fails even with his induction kit etc

its down to the engines mate 1.6 has a heavier engine due to the materials used the 1.8 is a fractuion lighter as for seeing me at the lights im a mark1 zetec so my 0-60 time standard is 9.9s youres is 10.6 mine is confirmed 0-60 now of 9 secs dead im 113bhp and 160 nm torque and weigh 1140kg youve got 98bhp 0-60 10.6 seconds 143nm torque and weigh 1171kg

im almost a second quicker

15bhp more

31kg lighter

17nm more torque

my mates got a focus edge 1.6 and he always tries always fails even with his induction kit etc

My mates mp3 must have a real problem then he can have me on the straights but only just and round the bends i can close right up again and sometimes have to back right off so i dont go up the back of him. Think hes just a naff driver that and the fact i refuse to be beaten by a lesser ford.

Saying that ive nailed a mk6 fezzy zetec-s and thats supposed to have an identical engine to mine yet mine walked of and kicked up the dirt at it i just dont understand these things lol i thought the fex would just fly up the inside of me. Oh well i think the guys girlfriend weighed the car down :P

Mike

My mates mp3 must have a real problem then he can have me on the straights but only just and round the bends i can close right up again and sometimes have to back right off so i dont go up the back of him. Think hes just a naff driver that and the fact i refuse to be beaten by a lesser ford.

Saying that ive nailed a mk6 fezzy zetec-s and thats supposed to have an identical engine to mine yet mine walked of and kicked up the dirt at it i just dont understand these things lol i thought the fex would just fly up the inside of me. Oh well i think the guys girlfriend weighed the car down tongue.gif

Mike

was she that fat lol as for 04 plate cars example 1.6 edge and a 1.8 edge

1.6= 98bhp 0-60 10.6 seconds 143nm torque and weigh 1171kg

1.8= 113 bhp 0-60 10 seconds 160nm torque weight 1195kg so an o4 plate 1.6 v 1.8 is pretty much even just a slight increase on the torque

bloomin hell my mk1 1.8 is quicker than the 04 plate

was she that fat lol as for 04 plate cars example 1.6 edge and a 1.8 edge

1.6= 98bhp 0-60 10.6 seconds 143nm torque and weigh 1171kg

1.8= 113 bhp 0-60 10 seconds 160nm torque weight 1195kg so an o4 plate 1.6 v 1.8 is pretty much even just a slight increase on the torque

bloomin hell my mk1 1.8 is quicker than the 04 plate

Think the mk1.5's got crippled by emissions regulations and saftey kit air con pumps etc and yeah she looked like a pig used for makeup testing if i do say so myself ;)

Mike

Think the mk1.5's got crippled by emissions regulations and saftey kit air con pumps etc and yeah she looked like a pig used for makeup testing if i do say so myself wink.gif

Mike

sounds like half the women round my way still as they say if you cant see the face an all that mine rarely ever gets ragged anyway

sounds like half the women round my way still as they say if you cant see the face an all that mine rarely ever gets ragged anyway

I've backed right of seince being pulled 3 more points and im banned :( saying that the speed i was going i got away with murder and was tempted to perform an act upon the copper who gave me a 2nd chance. Round these parts we just say its a bag job, nuff said.

Mike

I've backed right of seince being pulled 3 more points and im banned sad.gif saying that the speed i was going i got away with murder and was tempted to perform an act upon the copper who gave me a 2nd chance. Round these parts we just say its a bag job, nuff said.

Mike

0 points totally clean the cops round my way are obvious and even when they aint i know most of them from when i worked at a petrol station and they got there free coffee lol i got 2 kids in the backk most times anyway so for me i aint that bothered i trundle along happily knowing i aint going to be responsible if anything happens yet before i had kids i was the type who would pull any manouvere on any road to get past doing what others didnt have the balls to do now i look back and i was just stupid to be honest because now i reaslise that i may have been responsible for killing someone elses kids so speeds not that important to me unless im on my own and youre a spotty 17 yr old in a corsa with full bodykit bling wheels that sounds like its a v8 yet its got a puny little put put under the hood then you suck my exhaust pipe if you can catch it lol

0 points totally clean the cops round my way are obvious and even when they aint i know most of them from when i worked at a petrol station and they got there free coffee lol i got 2 kids in the backk most times anyway so for me i aint that bothered i trundle along happily knowing i aint going to be responsible if anything happens yet before i had kids i was the type who would pull any manouvere on any road to get past doing what others didnt have the balls to do now i look back and i was just stupid to be honest because now i reaslise that i may have been responsible for killing someone elses kids so speeds not that important to me unless im on my own and youre a spotty 17 yr old in a corsa with full bodykit bling wheels that sounds like its a v8 yet its got a puny little put put under the hood then you suck my exhaust pipe if you can catch it lol

Well im an 18yr old i.t. student with a blonde girlfriend 3 points and the brain the size of a grain weval so im doomed lol, i wouldant go as far to say im lethal to anyone other than myself i never go fast with a carful or on a road with another car on just that one night i worked it up through the gears didnt check my mirrors and next thing i no a t5 comes flying past and i had an !Removed! like a rabbits nose ahh good times.

Mike

Well im an 18yr old i.t. student with a blonde girlfriend 3 points and the brain the size of a grain weval so im doomed lol, i wouldant go as far to say im lethal to anyone other than myself i never go fast with a carful or on a road with another car on just that one night i worked it up through the gears didnt check my mirrors and next thing i no a t5 comes flying past and i had an !Removed! like a rabbits nose ahh good times.

Mike

student youre not meant to drive technically you should be so rat axxxd you couldnt drive anyway and flood the net with homemade !Removed! from youre mobile that the mrs dont know you recorded lol i had 1 lucky day on my motorbike before i had my car me at 60mph white van pulled out in front of me road was wet and i remember the bike diving then i remember my back hitting the rear of the van then i remember being on my knees in the middle of the road i wasnt kod it was just so fast its a blur i was about 30 feet away from where my now destroyed bike lay i got up walked away with a cut knee bruised all over and a cut hand bearing in mind i had no gloves on as it was summer and jeans my rucksack was torn to pieces helmet was cracked the bike when it was delivered to a garage for the assessor to view it thought the rider was dead there was a massive dent where summat of me hit the petrol tank someone was watching me that day ive had mates die on ther bikes from a lot less every biker has always said they have no idea how i walked away without being seriously injured i dont know either i know from having bikes that i should have been in hospital badly hurt or dead the nice copper that turned up at the scene cheered me up no end he looked at me and said bikes !Removed! dangerous things i beg youre pardon i said its !Removed! hoxxs like that that make it dangerous the copper looked at my bike and said can you drive it home are you kidding the front wheel was square the forks were bent so far back they were toching the frame the lights mirrors were gone the handle bars were so bent if you threw themn they would have come back the tank was half flat were some bit of me hit it the gear lever was half way up the road i just stared in disbelief either he really was a pig in disguise and stupid or he was seriosly taking the pxxs not sure which

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club