Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus 2008 radio upgrade

James Southworth

Hi guys, I have recently bought myself a 1.6 2008 ford focus and have heard about possible upgrading/ changing my 6000cd player to something that I can connect my phone to via bluetooth so I can listen to music and make/answer phone calls. 

Has anyone done this or can anyone recommend the best devices to play with?

Thanks in advance

James

32 minutes ago, James Southworth said:

Hi guys, I have recently bought myself a 1.6 2008 ford focus and have heard about possible upgrading/ changing my 6000cd player to something that I can connect my phone to via Bluetooth so I can listen to music and make/answer phone calls. 

Has anyone done this or can anyone recommend the best devices to play with?

Thanks in advance

James

Few Guides here to help:

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide To fitting 10" HD Flip Down Monitor Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here

Guide Fitting Dual Camera DVR System Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here  

Can't go wrong with Pioneer headunits 

I just bought a Sony single din, single din holder and wiring harness from halfrauds was all less that £100 and features Bluetooth/phone options.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, Lenny said:

Many thanks for the guides, I will look at getting this done over Xmas and new year, sorry for the delay in replying.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, James Southworth said:

Many thanks for the guides, I will look at getting this done over Xmas and new year, sorry for the delay in replying.

👍no probIMG_20141016_200047_zpsbb1snprl.thumb.jpg.caf601df0bc1d2f0529316eadf748c76.jpg

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 11:20 AM, Lenny said:

Hi

So i bought the attached facia and accessories, Bought myself a Kenwood DMX7017DABS Monitor with Receiver. Fitted the new facia which looks awesome, followed every step and double checked i did it right. I then went onto installing the unit itself. for the steering wheel controls i did as the guide said and plugged it in before starting the ignition, which i cant use as when i set one key up, for example Vol > all 4 keys do the same action regardless as what i set them up as in the unit. Any ideas? 

Secondly when i have placed the unit in to the cage the entire front pulls forward a bit and looks like it wants to escape. I hid the wires as far into the unit i could and this still happens. And lastley the surround frame for the unit ( cant remember technical name ) the one that i got with the device is to big to fit it the gap and when i use the one that came with the pack it is very gappy and doesnt click in at all, currently it is just resting there which is suprising it hasnt fallen off yet.

There is a number of things that arent working on the unit itself properly but i think that i need to take that up with kenwood.

Any advice would be great. Thanks