Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Fiesta wipers are just awful?

Gigabit

The wipers on the 2017 Fiesta seem to do more smearing than wiping. I have experienced this on my Fiesta and one that I borrowed as a courtesy car, the wipers just don’t seem very good.

We have no problem with our two Fiestas. Parked under a tree, next to a busy road or anything?

mine are fine.   it can only be down to the quality/condition of the rubber on the Wiper Blades

or maybe a residue on the glass of something the car was washed with

Yes, residue on the glass or Wiper Blades is the most common cause of smearing. The residue is usually either car polish or car wax (the type of wax which is often found in car shampoo).

I've cleaned the windscreen many times with vinegar, windscreen cleaner, etc. and the problem still is present.

It's not really bad as in I can't see anything but when I use the washer fluid and wipers I wish I hadn't - put it that way.

I mean what do you define as "ok" - anything more specific if you wouldn't mind?

I might well be overreacting, it's hard to say.

Mine are ok, they are fine, they work as they should...

They clear the screen as well as any other wipers I have ever had, they don't smear, they don't streak.

A good squirt of the washers and a few swipes and wipes clear the screen. 

The blades are over a 18 months old now and do the job they are supposed to as they did when they were brand new.

The wipers are the ones that came with the car when brand new, I can only presume they are Bosch Aero Wipers as our previous Fiesta and Focus were.

I/we have never been unfortunate enough to have to spray windscreens with vinegar and scrub at them with newspaper.

When I wash my car I wipe the blades down with the same cloth I have dried the car with at the end of the drying process. This includes a wipe of the rear blade too.

Occasionally when I have washed my car I get a few marks on the outside of the screen that the blades dont seem to wipe away. Maybe this is wax from the washing process, i dont know but a simple wipe with glass cleaner removes any residue from thw washing process.

Hope this is more specific..

To be honest, I'm with you on this, mine are guff.  And your point with using the wash and wipe, I wish I hadn't either :hang:

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Mine are ok, they are fine, they work as they should...

They clear the screen as well as any other wipers I have ever had, they don't smear, they don't streak.

A good squirt of the washers and a few swipes and wipes clear the screen. 

The blades are over a 18 months old now and do the job they are supposed to as they did when they were brand new.

The wipers are the ones that came with the car when brand new, I can only presume they are Bosch Aero Wipers as our previous Fiesta and Focus were.

I/we have never been unfortunate enough to have to spray windscreens with vinegar and scrub at them with newspaper.

When I wash my car I wipe the blades down with the same cloth I have dried the car with at the end of the drying process. This includes a wipe of the rear blade too.

Occasionally when I have washed my car I get a few marks on the outside of the screen that the blades dont seem to wipe away. Maybe this is wax from the washing process, i dont know but a simple wipe with glass cleaner removes any residue from thw washing process.

Hope this is more specific..

Not specific enough for me, have you more detail? :lol1::lol::lol1::lol:

• Haha 1

Mine were terrible. I tried the various cleaning methods. Eventually bought the expensive OEM replacements from Ford - work fine now. I think they just deteriorate quickly and maybe bend and lose tension. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club