Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would you do ?

Arnie2408

Hi all

Would love some advice/ thoughts / opinions on what to do. 

My 2 year pcp deal on my Edge Sport runs out in Feb next year and knowing how long it took to order last time I thought I should start thinking of my next move.

I'm getting on great with the car so my initial thought was to just get another one on finance as I don't have the money to buy outright. Hopefully on a 3 year deal which I would have preferred before.

The thing is though i have seen that there is an updated model coming out soon.  Think it's supposed to be around now but my nearest dealer thinks not till Jan and he didn't seem sure about that.

Would  I be wise to wait for the newer version?   I don't know what would happen if it took months to order as I need to sort the finance out by Feb on my current car.?

Having said that I've no idea of the pricing of the new one either.

Anyone in a similar position or have an opion to share?

Thanks 

The dealer is correct, the freshened Edge is due for European launch sometime in January next year, that doesn't necessarily mean that dealers will have stock, If they have the dealer may be reluctant to sell their showroom model. You face a difficult decision and I don't pretend to know the right answer, however, most pcp deals offer the option of buying the vehicle by refinancing it on the same terms as your pcp contract, that might be worth exploring.

You can order the new Edge now and pricing is on the website 

I’d enquire about ordering a new one and go for that. I doubt you can buy a new old one now anyway. 

Have you seen the spec and pricing of the new ones!!!!

Titanium is now only front wheel drive and 150bhp.

To get AWD you have to go with a sport coming in at 42K before you add any option.  

This also pushes it into the stupid road tax bracket.

Sonic, you are absolutely right, which is why, although I love my Edge, it’ll be my last.  I’ll run it until it’s no longer economical to do so.  21 months so far. 

The Government are demonising diesel anyway and want you to buy electric, yet they have just slashed the grants available to entice you to go electric, so where does that leave us ?

Thanks for your replies. 

Didn't know the newer edge was now on the website so took a look at the price.

To get the new sport with my current  optional extras of panoramic glass and tow bar was £44545.00 !!        

Wouldn't feel good to have to get a different  model/spec than I already have just to be able to afford it so I'll probably start looking elsewhere.

Maybe there will be some amazing offers nearer its launch ??

do you have to go back to ford at the end of a pcp deal or can you take the Edge to another make if you fancy and do a part exchange on one of their cars?

I'm pretty sure I can do what I like with it as long as I pay the balance to ford that's owed. 

As it's on 0% finance I don't see why I can't get a redemtion figure any time I like.

I'm looking already at the deals on a Peugeot 5008 and a Skoda Kodiaq. Top spec models on those are going to be cheaper than an Edge although there is no 0% so I'll have to weigh it up.

Quite like the Skoda. Love the Edge but not sure I love it enough to replace it with another Edge. 

Seat are bringing out an SUV based on the VW Tiguan / Skoda Kodiak shortly.  Tarracan or sinething like that.  Images I’ve seen look good.

I nearly bought a Kodiak before I bought my Edge. Nice car, but the Edge is nicer to drive. It'll be at the top of my list next time though. The Edge will be too expensive for me. 

The neat Seat looks very nice and is a VW Toureg / Skoda Kodiaq / Audi Q7 size.  The only thing I didn't like about the Kodiaq Sportline I nearly bought was the front and they have fixed that with the Seat version.  Also the top models get the LED lights as standard on the Seat.

On a slightly different note, are we getting the Edge ST here with the 2.7 Ecoboost out of the Mustang?  If so that will be my next car in a year or so!

Has the mustang got a 2.7? I thought it was the 2,3 from the Focus RS

2 hours ago, AjM said:

The neat Seat looks very nice and is a VW Toureg / Skoda Kodiaq / Audi Q7 size.  The only thing I didn't like about the Kodiaq Sportline I nearly bought was the front and they have fixed that with the Seat version.  Also the top models get the LED lights as standard on the Seat.

On a slightly different note, are we getting the Edge ST here with the 2.7 Ecoboost out of the Mustang?  If so that will be my next car in a year or so!

Can’t see the Edge ST coming to the UK.  The ST Line is as close as we’ll get.  I’ve seen a few US reviews on the Edge ST and although I wouldn’t want the fuel bill, I’d love to have one.

• Like 1

I have had that engine in the mustang and it is a beaut!!  I was getting 30mpg everywhere with it, which is frankly better than I get with the Edge!  I will be gutted if we don't get the ST as Diesel will not be viable in the not too distant future.

If you’re getting on okay with the car, refinance the final payment and keep it for another 12 months until the new Edge has been out for a while. By then Ford might have better deals on them. 

Used the build and price facility on the Ford website for the freshened Edge to build the model equivalent to my current spec and then got a finance quote for Options, was staggered to see the interest rate of 6.3% APR which in my case would add over £5000 interest charges over 36 months on top of the additional pricing, unbelievable! As much as I like it me thinks I will be baling out of the Edge when my contract is up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club