Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Stereo Code

r3ign

Hello,

i'm looking forward to installing my sub into my mk7 but was being safe and trying to find the stereo code before i went ahead. to my horror there was no stereo code supplied in the booklet, went to ford dealers today as i didnt buy the car off them they wernt helpfull and said it would cost me £15 to get a code :o.

does anyone on here know where i could get my code as it should be free with the car, shouldent it ?

thanks

I was told because the stereo is intergrated into the dash, you don't need a code, as no one will nick it

I was told because the stereo is intergrated into the dash, you don't need a code, as no one will nick it

ah right that explains why they have not supplied me with a code, thanks

Following can be found on Ford Etis pages (if youhave the right access):

service Instructions

This audio system does not use a conventional audio keycode.

After replacing the multifunction display, on switching on the ignition the vehicle's chassis number must be entered in the new multifunction display.

From that point onwards, the chassis number becomes an integral part of the multifunction display. If the battery is disconnected or if the power supply fails for any other reason, the audio system can subsequently be put back into operation without any codes having to be entered.

Therefore audio keycodes are not available to customers .

An audio keycode is only used if the multifunction display was previously used in another vehicle. In that case the Ford workshop must request the audio keycode via GSEVIN (FordEtis) quoting the serial number of the multifunction display.

If the keycode is entered incorrectly 3 times, the system will lock out and not allow the next keycode to be entered for a period of 30 minutes. After entering the keycode the 10th time incorrectly, the system will lock out. The component can only be unlocked by using the Ford diagnostic equipment.

And if you have 2 lines display it is not possible to upgrade to matrix display :(

I got a code with my one if i was you i would go back to the dealer you got it from i'm sure they will help

New Fiesta's only have key codes. No radio codes are issued to dealers

Thanks and i can confirm they don't require any radio codes. thanks all for the help :)

Thanks and i can confirm they don't require any radio codes. thanks all for the help :)

thanks for that also. i have a radio code written on the card but what its for then god knows LOL

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club