Do Not Sell My Personal Information

N600 ST

STJAY

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Looks very nice. In the second last picture I noticed a bit of a hazy look where the light was shining on. Did you polish it after? Still the finish and depth of the paint looks good. 

Thanks very much mate.  Aye the second last picture had just had a clear coat put on and the photo taken straight away. I cut it beforehand, didn't polish after the last clear coat, I know I should have.  It was the first time I had painted something two colours, and I'm happy with the outcome :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STJAY said:

Thanks very much mate.  Aye the second last picture had just had a clear coat put on and the photo taken straight away. I cut it beforehand, didn't polish after the last clear coat, I know I should have.  It was the first time I had painted something two colours, and I'm happy with the outcome 😄

Yeah it looks good with the two tone colour. You did good also masking up the bits 👍. Also you most likely won't notice any imperfections as most likely sunlight won't get in as the bonnet will get in the way. 

• Like 1

Thanks mate, appreciate that :biggrin:.  Aye, don't get me wrong, there is a few runs, nothing major however, but I think it looks great lol, and sure the only people who will see it will be me, and if anyone services it other than me lol.

Ordered these on Friday, nice wee touch, colour seems dull but it isn't in the flesh, it's very close to the engine cover.  I'll get them on at some point soon :laugh:

gel.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys...

First up, I’d like to wish everyone a happy Christmas, I hope Santa was good to everyone. 

As a way to celebrate the big day I’ve went ahead and ordered an MTC Performance boost intake pipe for the girl, as a late Christmas present to her. So hopefully that should arrive soon. As I type, I’m sorting out a set of sill skirt extensions from a guy local to me, well.. local-ish. Not cheap rubbish, but by no means overpriced. Also I’ve been looking to upgrade the candles that are headlight bulbs in the yolk. I’ve seen the CEUK LED conversion ones which have had very good reviews, I’ve also seen the autobeam ones, but £60 is a bit ridiculous for bulbs. So I’m going to look into either set but probably settle for the CEUK ones. 

Anyway, like I say, happy Christmas everyone, and happy new year if I don’t post in between times 😆

• Like 1

happy Christmas and new year to you too fella. look forward to seeing the update

• Like 1

Came down to work Saturday morning, for the usual wash and hoover out etc of the Fiesta.  Pestering everyone asking had the post been delivered yet.  Got the car sorted and hung around for the post man, thankfully my intake pipe was with him so literally no more than 5 minutes later that was fitted.  Quite a hefty unit to be honest, very well made quite a bit bigger than the original and it looks awesome.

Picked up the skirt extensions yesterday, they look pretty good.  Hopefully work can squeeze me in today to get them fitted, as I can't be bothered doing it myself without a ramp.  So when they're fitted I'll throw some pics up :biggrin:

MTC.jpg

MTC P.jpg

• Like 2

Was there any difference after swapping to a bigger intake? Matches perfectly with the engine cover you painted. Good thing it didn't get lost in the post especially in this time of year. 

• Like 1

@zain611 Well once I fitted it I had the bonnet still open, turned it on, there is definitely an increase in blow off noise, and under very light revving and with the bonnet open there is a noticeable, but faint flutter.  Under load the spool is definitely a lot louder and again blow off seems to have gained noise too.  It feels as if she lifts more and quicker, but this could just be a placebo.  Very happy with it, wasn't that expensive and considering I ordered it late on Christmas night, arrived four days later.  You're very right, matches very well with the cover, I'm happy with it :biggrin:

• Like 1

Work managed to get me in today for my skirt extensions.  Pretty pleased with the look of them. Although I've found that one of the exhaust rubbers on the back box is completely split, I need to get it booked in with Ford to get my headlight replaced, as the LED running light is losing an LED on the drivers side :schmoll:.

ramp.jpg

trim.jpg

trims.jpg

trimss.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, b4zz said:

looking good fella

Thanks bro, she's starting to come together.

• Like 1

Car was in with Ford on Monday, after realising that the exhaust rubber had split when getting the skirt extensions fitted.  I had also had issues with the LED running light on the drivers side lamp unit.  It had been in with Ford before about the light only they couldn't get it to fault. This time it faulted with them and they replaced it.  So that's a piece of mind now that has been fixed :D  

• Like 1

Loving what you have done so far! Little things as you say, but all make that good bit of difference to the next person's car. Looking forward to seeing what's next [emoji16]

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, zagobir said:

Loving what you have done so far! Little things as you say, but all make that good bit of difference to the next person's car. Looking forward to seeing what's next emoji16.png

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much :biggrin:  Looking forward to it myself, but don't know what I'm after :laughing:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered these yesterday and they arrived today.  Gas bonnet struts, I'll get these fitted on Saturday, they don't look that bad to fit, and install guide is with it :biggrin::thumbup:

struts.jpg

• Like 1

Fitted the struts. Fitting guide is far from great, little A5 bit of paper. You get the jist though. There’s also a YouTube video about fitting them, but they must have changed the fitting kit, so if you do buy and check out the video, don’t panic like I did thinking they haven’t sent you the right stuff lol. No pics yet as it got dark by the time I was finishing up, next day or two I’ll get one up. I bought the CEUK HID Kit and illuminite H1 mains. I was hoping they came today so I could’ve nailed three birds with the one stone as the headlights need to come out to fit the struts but they didn’t, what can yah do eh.  But yeah I’ll get a pic up soon. 

Got some photos, think they look very well to be honest.  You'd mistake them from coming from the factory like that. 

strut.jpg

struut.jpg

HIDs eventually fitted, bit of a nightmare.  One fitted no problem at all.  Went to get the other fitted and the bulb wasn't lighting.  Tested power to and from the ballast and it was getting and giving no problem, so much so that it blew my mates multimeter up that he only had for a week, came to the conclusion that the bulb must be duff.  Got in contact with CEUK and they asked me to swap the bulb over to the other side to see if the fault moved too, I reiterated that I had checked power and that it was fine, however she insisted that I do this or they can't do anything.  So I flew down to the car (as I was in work) pulled the light out and swapped the bulb over, to find that the bulb lit up :sleepy: didn't I feel stupid. So confirmed that the ballast must then be at fault, fair play to them I got the ballast the next day (yesterday) and got the new one fitted.  So now I have a car that looks like it belongs in 2019, imo these should've left factory with xenon headlights.  Pics below show the first attempt and the second shows the other bulb working in the first ballast, the bulb is still in its protective housing that's why the colour is very different.

HID.jpg

HIDS.jpg

• Like 1

Do like HIDs as they give out a good colour compared to halogens. Is the beam pattern okay? 

• Like 1

loving the h.i.ds fella I agree with you should have come from the factory with them fitted

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, zain611 said:

Do like HIDs as they give out a good colour compared to halogens. Is the beam pattern okay? 

Aye the colour is a lot more modern than the candle light yellow :laughing:.  Beam pattern is grand, I haven't had anyone flash their lights in protest and checked up against a wall and it goes the way it should, very pleased.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:39 PM, b4zz said:

loving the h.i.ds fella I agree with you should have come from the factory with them fitted

100% should've came from factory,  I don't get it at all. Thanks mate :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club