Do Not Sell My Personal Information

N600 ST

STJAY

Got the mirrors and sweeping indicators fitted and tested this morning.  Pleased to announce they work a treat 😄😄. These mirrors actually came with puddle lights too, so I need to get Forscan connected again to let it know it has them and get them working 😄.  Tried uploading a video there of them working, didn't work.  Blacked out mirrors look good though 😍.  It really needs a clean, god love her, but that's for another day lol. Ignore the apprentice below lmao :lol:

MIRROR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I did a thing today, been looking to do it for a long long time, and again, finally bit the bullet and decided to just get it done.  I ordered myself some Brembo callipers that originate from the Clio 197/200 and the Megane 225 today.  I actually seen a Megane 225 in a Tesco car park for the first time in many years and took it as a sign lmao. Very reasonable price considering there is people on eBay looking anywhere between £200-£400 for per single calliper, in my opinion I got these for a steal. There is a fabricator on eBay that does many many upgrades for Ford stuff, and he happens to supply the Brembo brackets and supplies bolts and washers with them.  They only come in black so once I get them ordered up I'll be painting them red.  From what I heard from the girl who sold me the Brembos, they'll probably need touching up, so I'll probably rub them back and paint them.  I'll try to get Ford Race Red as I assume that's the colour of the callipers anyway?? If anyone knows that can send me right direction if I'm wrong, please let me know lol. 

Got the puddle lights coded for the mirrors and as you'll see, they make a huge difference.  Rubbish photo but you get the gist lol. 

Puddle.jpg

• Like 2

Brackets arrived today, weren't meant to be here until Wednesday, so that's not bad. Still waiting on the callipers to land. Thought they would have been here first. Not too worry but.  Getting excited to get these on 😁😁

Brackets.jpg

• Like 1

Callipers arrived the same day as the brackets did. Bad news unfortunately. I went to take the bleed nipples out of the callipers, one side came out fine, ***** tight, but came out no bother. Other side was a nightmare, one had been cross threaded on the way in and the other just snapped still in the calliper, great start.  Phoned the place I got them and the girl said they should have been checked before they had been posted. She had them check to see if there were any other sets about and unfortunately I got the last set.  So she has set it up to get them both collected, get the damaged one repaired, give the other a check over and get them back out to me.  Thankfully I checked these before trying to fit them, working in the motor trade wakes you up to things like this lol. Either way, I live in Northern Ireland and this place is in the mainland, so I can't imagine this being cheap for them to do, they've been very helpful and I'm glad I went with them.  If this had of been a private seller, I'd be knackered and facing this cost myself.  Makes you think doesn't it lol. 

Inbetween times, I have been looking at getting the car mapped too. I've been looking about to see who can get the best of the car really.  Turns out, with Collins Performance you can jump straight into CP2 with standard hardware, which other than an induction kit I'm running. It provides 220-225 hp and adapts to hardware fitted after the map up to I think 235, which I find very clever.  They also offer a cat safe overrun, although I wonder what that will sound like when I eventually get a decat. So I think I've made my mind up on that front.  Need to see when I can get it sorted lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brembos only got lifted last Friday (23rd) and still aren't back with me. Kinda busting to get these on, but with Christmas coming and me having a not so little one, they might be on hold until after the New Year. Saying that, I did just purchase the ST170 rear calliper carriers, these coupled with the existing ST180 rear callipers change the rear discs from 250mm up to 280mm, yano, the same size as the original front discs.  So with a 20mm improvement on the front and 30mm on the rear, this thing should have some tasty stopping power. So once I eventually get round to getting the CP map, I'll have confidence that the breaks will cover me.  Gone with HEL lines also, they should hopefully be with me in a few days. Went with the yellow, not that you'll see much of them anyway, but I'll know they're there lol. If you're going to go with HEL speak to Ben Viner, he didn't muck about and got me sorted in no time, very impressed and very professional. 

I was looking into buying a small pneumatic sand blaster, cheap little items as all I need them for is the callipers and the carriers, but found a place sort of local to me that will do them for me for £25 quid, less than it'll cost to buy the tool and consumables for me to do it, so it makes sense having someone who is skilled in it to do it for me. I'll get them painted up and ready then spend a Saturday getting stuck into them.

And lastly, I have also just purchased a spoiler extension from TRC.  I know black on black isn't the easiest to see, but sometimes it can make all the difference. I think they have it in stock, so I'm hoping to see that at the start of next week sometime. Although I have just noticed that they are now out of stock, so I'm hoping I got the last one and not the fact that it was missing and they didn't know haha. For 10% off TRC use TRIPLE10RFEZ. Can confirm it worked for me today. I'm kinda clueless when it comes to fitting stuff like that, so I might just get a body shop to bond that for me, instead of me making a pigs ear of it.  Tried to upload a photo of it but it was only saving in a weird file format, so I'll throw one up when it arrives. 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Carriers arrived this morning. Hit them with a wire brush to see how they are, I mean they are second hand so they were never going to be perfect.  Still torn between painting them as they are, or getting them sandblasted with the Brembos when they return.  Good thing though, the place I got them from fitted new sliding pins and supplied new calliper bolts, so that was nice 😄

Got a notification on Thursday, I think, to say the spoiler extension has been posted, so hopefully today or tomorrow for that. God knows when I'll get it fitted lol.  Think I might just go with 3M tape.  There is ones rated for what force it'll take to pull them off, so might go with that, instead of bonder. 

Braided lines arrived too, they look the part, very happy with them. 

Anyways, pics as usual 😄 

braided.jpg

carrier.jpg

I'd have the calipers blasted, far better surface for painting and cleans them up a treat.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

I'd have the calipers blasted, far better surface for painting and cleans them up a treat.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah mate, definitely going to sandblast the Brembos, going to see what the carriers look like with paint on them, I’ve already primered them and bought paint there tonight. You’ll hardly be able to see the carriers so not too bothered about those, but the Brembos I’ll definitely be getting done. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys, hope everyone is coping still okay.  We've had further lockdown measures announced set to commence next Friday (27/11/20).  I think I'll still be in work, for Skoda Belfast, but I know the sales guys look to be going back to furlough, rocky times still nearly a year on 😤.

Anyway, managed to complete the rear carriers and fit the new Brembo discs and pads along with them, not sure if it's a placebo effect, but I can feel a difference, they feel a lot sharper and it's nice to have that extra bit of confidence. I think the fronts are only 278mm, meaning my rear discs are bigger than the front lmao. The colour is a bit off between the callipers and carriers, but something I'll definitely get over lol. 

Fitted the spoiler extension too, but have since removed it.  I used Gorilla double sided tape, and had no confidence in it at all and by the time I took it off, both corners had already come away.  So I'm just going to get it done right.  What have people used to attach this sort of stuff?

Also fitted the centre caps that I had for a good while. I actually really like the red against the grey wheel, they photo is terrible because my car hasn't been cleaned in many months, but you get the gist lol. While changing these I noticed something had penetrated the tyre, right where the side wall meets the top tread, still had about 5mm tread on it, so I was pretty disappointed, but changed the tyre anyway.  It had started to cause a bulge and it just isn't worth the risk.  £65 for a Falken which I keep in stock at work, great little trye to be honest.  I rate it a lot better than the Bridgestone Potenzas, they aren't a good tyre.    

Small update on the Brembo 4 pot situation. Called the place I got the originals from on Thursday, long story with these, but basically they can't fix the dud one, which I'm kind of relieved about, as I'm not sure I'd have much confidence in it, anyway, I've to call back on Monday as they are hoping to have another R26 Megane in.  If not, I have already lined up another set which look to be a good job too.  So hopefully I'll have these pretty soon. 

Jeez, little bits of information keep coming to me lol, also noticed while changing the punctured tyre that I have a badly leaking shock absorber on the drivers front. MOT is in January, if it is still going ahead, MOT centre in Northern Ireland have not been having a good time recently, but yeah.  So I think I'm just gonna go ahead and buy coilovers instead of replacing with a standard shock, why not?  I've seen Stance+ that have mixed reviews on them, I'm not about spending stupid amounts of money on coilovers, they seem reasonably priced and there is definitely more positive than negative reviews, I'll also purchase the shortened drop links to keep her right. 

And finally for today, one of the facebook groups I'm in, someone had posted about what MPG people are getting from their ST Fiestas.  I mean if that's a genuine concern for you, buying a turbo petrol car probably isn't right for you, however I'm getting better MPG from this than I did with my 2 litre diesel Seat Exeo.

Anyway, more photos for your viewing pleasure. 

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

13.jpg

7.jpg

12.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Been a while again, but I'm back lol.

Got the Brembos and have red stuff pads for them and a Pagid fitting kit.  Still need wheel spacers for them and the discs but I'm very close now.  God knows when I'll actually get them fitted, but sure, I'll have them and that's a good start. 

Got my coilovers fitted.  Opted for Raceland in the end with a lifetime warranty I think it made sense. Got them fitted on Monday and I'm very impressed with them.  The ride isn't too compromised and it handles like a little house fly now.  Very good.  Obviously on really bumpy roads its bouncy but other than that very please 😄

Brembo.jpg

Drop.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those calipers are going to look cool. Funnily enough I bought focus ST170 calipers to fit bigger brakes on the fez

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, zain611 said:

Those calipers are going to look cool. Funnily enough I bought focus ST170 calipers to fit bigger brakes on the fez

Yeah they should look great I hope :D. Nice one man, what are they like to fit?  Are they direct or do you need to fit brackets?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, STJAY said:

Yeah they should look great I hope :D. Nice one man, what are they like to fit?  Are they direct or do you need to fit brackets?

I will need to drill a 12mm hole in the hubs as the caliper carrier bolts are that size compared to 10mm which the standard and ST fiesta bolts are.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 4:29 PM, zain611 said:

I will need to drill a 12mm hole in the hubs as the caliper carrier bolts are that size compared to 10mm which the standard and ST fiesta bolts are.

Wow that is a little bit of work there, will you do it, or get someone to do that for you?  I know I wouldn't do that to my car haha.  They're the discs I'll be using for mine too, 300mm.  I actually got a recall letter from the place I bought my caliper brackets from for the Brembos as one had failed on a guy, so I need to get those returned so they can replace them for me. Little scary seeing that to be honest lol, but they are being proactive about it which is nice to see. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, STJAY said:

Wow that is a little bit of work there, will you do it, or get someone to do that for you?  I know I wouldn't do that to my car haha.  They're the discs I'll be using for mine too, 300mm.  I actually got a recall letter from the place I bought my caliper brackets from for the Brembos as one had failed on a guy, so I need to get those returned so they can replace them for me. Little scary seeing that to be honest lol, but they are being proactive about it which is nice to see. 

I'm going to let my dad do it. He has the M12 drill bit and a drill so hopefully it'll go smoothly. Very soon will be doing it 😁

• 2 months later...

So the MK7.5 got traded in on Tuesday, now the owner of a 2021 ST Editon Fiesta. Absolutely in love with it, such a gorgeous car!! This is a very awkward photo of me picking it up 🤣🤣

074FCFEC-83DB-4656-8549-60E491CA171F.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Looking good. What's your thoughts on the the performance compared to the mk7

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2021 at 10:51 PM, zain611 said:

Looking good. What's your thoughts on the the performance compared to the mk7

Hi man, sorry it's been a while from I've been online haha.

First off, sport mode does things now, instead of just backing off traction control.  Gives it pops and bangs from factory and you can feel the response tighten up.  The non edition models are nicer to drive on rough surfaces compared to the 7, mine has coilovers from factory so it's definitely harder on rough surfaces, however the coilovers are adjustable so that could be changed so soften the ride, however I don't fancy messing with them lol. As for power wise, i'm not sure there is too much difference, my mate has a 7 ST but I haven't had the chance to race him, but I'd imagine it would breeze past just with the constant 200 compared to 200 on overboost for the few seconds it lasts. Definitely a better car and I'm glad I made the switch, plus the colour is just so nice haha.

How're you getting on with yours?  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club