Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Placing an order, spec , etc st-line (x)

Claire1234

Well we’ve bought a new one 😲 black 140 bhp , pick up Saturday 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Claire1234 said:

Really glad you got one.  Great choice. Black looks brilliant. 

Mission accomplished - well done! Hope you'll get him signed up on here, if you haven't already.

Thanks both , yes I’ll point him this way as I’m sure he’ll have questions.

13 hours ago, Claire1234 said:

It's a nice car. The 140ps (138bhp) is a quick little car.
I'd however recommend that you keep hold of the master key and program his key (the second key) using ford MyKey so that he cannot play loud music, exceed certain speeds and activate the seatbelt warnings etc because the 140 is not really a beginners car. With the speed restrictions, you could gradually increase the limit until he is fully used to the car.

https://www.ford.co.uk/shop/research/technology/comfort-and-convenience/ford-mykey

I'd also recommend checking the driving stats (gear change, braking etc) under the menu system once in a while. It will tell you exactly how he has been driving.

This isn't me saying he'd be a bad driver btw, it would just give you a little extra reassurance because of the power. 

Sound advice Nick , I’ll look into that. Am I right in thinking you can set it to bleep if you go above speed limit ?

I think so. I'm not 100% certain as I've not used the system on my own car but I would think it would be set the same way as a satnav system which sends audio alerts when going abve the road speed limit. 

2 hours ago, Claire1234 said:

Sound advice Nick , I’ll look into that. Am I right in thinking you can set it to bleep if you go above speed limit ?

If you are going to mess around setting speeds with mykey you may have just bought the lad a lower horsepower car for a year or so. Just let him drive it and get used to it. 140bhp is quite nippy but it isn't massively fast or overly powerful. 

What speed would you limit him to? 70 for motorways, how would he overtake if needs be? He would still be able to do 70 in a 30 zone if he wished with this.

Bleeping or audio messages are just a distraction. 

I am presuming the lad has a full licence, he has passed his test and has driven a car previously so again checking gear changes and braking is really pointless.

If you really want to check up and keep tabs, you would be far better choosing insurance for him with a black box tracker that will monitor speed, acceleration, blah blah rather than messing with a car and restricting what it can do best.

You were prepared to get him what he wanted, you have gone that far, now maybe a little trust before trying to restrict and restrain. 😁

Excellent choice, especially in black..

• Like 2

Have to agree with @Mavroz on that. The ST-Line is a nippy little car but has masses of grip and very good brakes. I've found no "nasties" in it's behaviour, unlike some cars from years ago which would have you through a hedge backwards with very little provocation, so a very good car to build experience while hopefully having a little fun, perhaps in conjunction with a little further driver training as suggested earlier.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Have to agree with @Mavroz on that. The ST-Line is a nippy little car but has masses of grip and very good brakes. I've found no "nasties" in it's behaviour, unlike some cars from years ago which would have you through a hedge backwards with very little provocation, so a very good car to build experience while hopefully having a little fun, perhaps in conjunction with a little further driver training as suggested earlier.

Just don't turn traction control off..  😆😆😆😆

• Haha 1

Picked it up today , it’s fabulous, he’s over the moon . Thanks all xx 

• Like 1

Lucky chap. I had a 10 year old Peugeot 205 1.1 when I was at uni!

Point him at FOC and so can show us his new car [emoji3526]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Lucky chap. I had a 10 year old Peugeot 205 1.1 when I was at uni!

.....and I had a bike!

I never went to uni ... and had a bus ticket 😂, I’ll get him to join up x

I'm guessing a lot of us are simply madly envious in a retrospective sort of way😊.

Seriously now, is this highly desirable vehicle going to be kept somewhere in public view? Some thought should be given to thief-proofing - Disklok?, a tracking device?...

He’s got a steering lock , does the alarm just come on when you click the fob to lock it or do you need to double click ? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club