Do Not Sell My Personal Information

! Guide ! Connecting An Ipod Or Mp3 Player To The Mk7 Fiesta

DanGull

Hi all,

I have applied this update to my 2010/60 Fiesta Titanium and I noticed straight away although there are many improved functions with the radio - my reversing camera display in the rearview mirror showed a blank bright blue screen instead of the image from the camera for a couple of seconds. This happened twice and now I just get the blue screen and no image - it just turns off.

The reversing sensors work as I still get the beeps.

Anyone else have the camera and noticed any problems since this update?

I have the car booked in with Polar Ford on November 15th for this and a couple of other minor niggles.

Thanks

Hi

I've only today found the fix for the all the problems caused by I0S5.

So I've finally got my bluetooth back on my MK7 Fez.

However when reading through the Apple forums regarding the ford update, one member had the same problem as you.

The dealer can update this to restore it. So It's a simple fix, just to put your mind at ease :D

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iNath

• DanGull

• Vix

• James.h

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick issue that I'm having with my fiesta. I first used my iPhone 3g with just the official apple usb cable and it seemed to work fine. music was playing and I was able to browse through playlists, artists etc at the same time. I synced my iPhone with my laptop and since then, I cant seem to do the same thing again. When I connect, whichever playlist was playing last on the iPhone itself plays on the car stereo. I can skip tracks but cant access playlists, artists etc. Just to add, my car has the Ford CD player, not the Sony one.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just picked up my new Zetec today and very happy so far. It is a 2010 model and has both USB and aux jack but I have one question:

Do I have to buy the official Ford Y Cable or can I use one like this instead?

I searched this thread and others, and there seems to be a lot of disagreement about this :P

Hi everyone,

Just picked up my new Zetec today and very happy so far. It is a 2010 model and has both USB and aux jack but I have one question:

Do I have to buy the official Ford Y Cable or can I use one like this instead?

I searched this thread and others, and there seems to be a lot of disagreement about this :P

Install the update from here and you can just use the official USB cable, no need for aux.

Install the update from here and you can just use the official USB cable, no need for aux.

That worked great, thanks :)

Saved me £20 on a cable I didn't need :)

• 5 months later...

This has probably been mentioned elsewhere but I thought it would be useful in this guide.

There is a 2nd Ford update dated April 2012 which is installed exactly the same as the first. You can tell which update you have used by looking at the extracted file dates on your USB stick. The latest update files are dated 2nd April 2012.

I just ran this and it failed the first time with the message "USB device disconnected". Ran it again and got the Update successful message after about 15 mins.

• 2 months later...

Hi, can anyone help me with regards to compatibility of MP3 players to the latest model Fiesta, I can't get my Sony to work. I've tried using the USB connection with the software provided with my device, and I've also tried an auxiliary cable with every combination of connecting possible - no success at all.

I have tried a relatives Ipod and that works fine, is it just that the car is not compatible with MP3 devices?

Hope someone can help!

James

For a generic MP3 player you will only be only be able to play sound through AUX, not USB. You won't be able to control the tracks either.

Only an iPod can be controlled through the stereo (or USB memory stick, or a phone through Bluetooth)

Hi, thanks for your response. I still cannot get my MP3 player to work through the car Speakers though! Is there an unusual type of connection lead I need or something? I have got a standard aux lead that connects to the car via the earphone port on my device and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

Cheers

Do you have another device to try? (e.g. mobile phone)

Have you pressed the AUX button on the stereo and what comes up the the radio screen?

I will try another device yes. Only other thing I can think of is that I may have bought a duff Aux lead. I'll keep you posted

Hi again. I have tried the same lead with my phone and that doesn't work either so I'll buy another lead and try that. So should a standard Aux lead do it then?

Many thanks

• 11 months later...

Just to add ......with the Aux only connection you can use one of these for a better sound...

FiiO L3 Line Out Dock Cable for iPod, iPhone, iPad

available at http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004M172HW/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you will also need the 3.5 to 3.5 extension

Peter

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm trying to get my iPhone to play music through my Fiesta Zetec S. I've plugged in the USB charger into my iPhone and the AUX lead into the headphone socket on the phone, but I still can't change tracks using the buttons on the steering wheel. I can only control the volume. Anyone know how I can change tracks using the next/previous buttons on the steering wheel?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm trying to get my iPhone to play music through my Fiesta Zetec S. I've plugged in the USB charger into my iPhone and the AUX lead into the headphone socket on the phone, but I still can't change tracks using the buttons on the steering wheel. I can only control the volume. Anyone know how I can change tracks using the next/previous buttons on the steering wheel?

Try installing this update: http://web.archive.org/web/20140528104355/http://ford-mobile-connectivity.co.uk/files/software_updates/en/ford_audio_update.zip

Then using just the official Apple USB cable on it's own without aux.

Try installing this update: http://web.archive.org/web/20140528104355/http://ford-mobile-connectivity.co.uk/files/software_updates/en/ford_audio_update.zip

Then using just the official Apple USB cable on it's own without aux.

Thanks however I figured it out yesterday. It obviously didn't like my USB lead as I brought a brand new one and it worked fine. No troubles what so ever. Thanks for your help though! :)

My 2010 fiesta has an aux input but (forgive the next line) the hole is a little saggy, what I mean is the connection is loose and easily pulls out, is this common? it works fine and sounds good but the jack doesn't feel snug when im plugging it in is this normal? or has mine just been overused?

Next one is if its not normal are they easy to replace as I cant stand radio!

My 2010 fiesta has an aux input but (forgive the next line) the hole is a little saggy, what I mean is the connection is loose and easily pulls out, is this common? it works fine and sounds good but the jack doesn't feel snug when im plugging it in is this normal? or has mine just been overused?

Next one is if its not normal are they easy to replace as I cant stand radio!

Don't think thats normal, mines a zetec s but still has a AUX input and the lead fits in quite snug.

Not sure about replacing them? I'm sure there's a few threads on here somewhere on how to replace them. Hopefully cheap too! My friends fiesta is like that too, his AUX input is a hit and miss, so must be common with them.

Thanks,I think I will see how it goes, it still plays ok and doesn't fall out when driving, once its given up for good ill ask my handy father to look I think hehehe he likes to tinker with cars and bikes so may be fun for him :)

• 3 months later...

I have a 2014 Zetec.

I have an old school Ipod, I tried it this morning just using the original IPOD USB.

Am I best installing this update then just using the USB or do I also need to attach an aux cable?

• 1 month later...

I have a 2014 Zetec.

I have an old school Ipod, I tried it this morning just using the original IPOD USB.

Am I best installing this update then just using the USB or do I also need to attach an aux cable?

I have an "old school ipod" it's an iPod nano with the 30 pin socket. My fiesta is a 2014. My nano works fine with the ford cable or the normal charging lead + stereo jack to stereo jack without having to do an update.

• 1 year later...

I'm having trouble with playing music via my iPhone 6 and a usb cable- when i select a song on my phone it doesn't play the one i selected it plays a completely different song- i cant figure out if there is a way to browse through my phones music playlists on the car- can anyone help?

• 5 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club