Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Valve

chris26

Hi my focus wont go above 3k revs. i;ve took it to a garage and they have said the egr valve keeps sticking. can i sort this problem myself by cleaning it or does it need replacing. Thank you all in advance for your reply's

Hi my focus wont go above 3k revs. i;ve took it to a garage and they have said the egr valve keeps sticking. can i sort this problem myself by cleaning it or does it need replacing. Thank you all in advance for your reply's

replacement mate in the past cleaning them where they are cleanable doesnt last long not going over 3k means its in limp mode did they do a diagnostic to find the problem or is the guy guessing? best advice get one from a scrtap car first and change it before you splash the cash on a new one that way you know if it is or isnt the issue you will need to disconnect the battery for ten minutes just make sure you have the radio code first then take it for a good 30min drive afterwards doing some slow driving stop start and a bit of speedier driving if the scrap one works then geyt a new valve if not get it checked with a diagnostic i assume if he did diagnostics it threw up codes the dash trick on the front page of this forum will bring up the codes stored

replacement mate in the past cleaning them where they are cleanable doesnt last long not going over 3k means its in limp mode did they do a diagnostic to find the problem or is the guy guessing? best advice get one from a scrtap car first and change it before you splash the cash on a new one that way you know if it is or isnt the issue you will need to disconnect the battery for ten minutes just make sure you have the radio code first then take it for a good 30min drive afterwards doing some slow driving stop start and a bit of speedier driving if the scrap one works then geyt a new valve if not get it checked with a diagnostic i assume if he did diagnostics it threw up codes the dash trick on the front page of this forum will bring up the codes stored

He was guessing it was the egr valve. he said 9/10 it's the valve thats stuck i think i'll take it to ford to get a diagnostic on it before a splash out more money on it

artscot79, were you on the "juice" last night mate? :P

If I bought a ERG from a breakers yard, cleaned it, fit it and it worked perfectly. Why on earth would I then need to go out and buy/fit a new one?

Found this, seems to be different mechanical or more sophisticated electro mechanical, ECU controlled variants.

How can I tell if my ERG valve needs to be cleaned or replaced

Yes I would think it's best having a diagnostics done.

artscot79, were you on the "juice" last night mate? tongue.gif

If I bought a ERG from a breakers yard, cleaned it, fit it and it worked perfectly. Why on earth would I then need to go out and buy/fit a new one?

Found this, seems to be different mechanical or more sophisticated electro mechanical, ECU controlled variants.

How can I tell if my ERG valve needs to be cleaned or replaced

Yes I would think it's best having a diagnostics done.

wish i as no i meant as youve no idea how long the scrap one will last you can buy a new one and have it handy if the scrap one solved the problem didnt explain that well the first time round unsure.gif

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club