Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caliper bracket extension

TDR|XTC

Hello !

Since the car will have a lot of bhp in a few weeks time, i though of upgrading the already upgrades brakes. Atm i have EBC ultimax and yellowstuff which feel great, but i do want to go for 278 or even 300mm. For that i need some extensions for the caliper bracket in order to fit the larger ones. Anyone who tried this or bought such a thing, or give me a manufacturer/ part number!?

Would be of great help. Thank you !

X

Hi, the normal route to take is when you put bigger discs on you also replace the calipers to match -  you may find the bigger discs you are thinking of fitting you may need ST calipers there is also the safety and insurance aspect to think of when modifying the brake system.

• Like 1

You can't just make the discs bigger and do nothing about the size of the pads. That pad won't cover any more area on the larger disc. All extension brackets do is move the wear on the disc an inch further away from the centre. You need new calipers and carriers to suit the bigger disc.

I doubt you're increasing the power that much to require such an improvement in braking anyway?

• Like 1

Hello! Kawasaki kid is right. ST calipers. Of course by just moving the caliper bracket a bit will just wear the disc on the outside area. Will also get new pads yes.

I just wanted to know if there are such things as aftermarket extensions or if anyone sells a whole brake kit with those included. Thank you!

And the power will go from 90 to 200!!!!

For the sake of the cost of ST caliper carriers (Im surprised they weren't includes with the caliper) then I'd just buy a set.

• Like 1

I don't know much about Fiesta's but if you're going from 90 to 200bhp then don't skimp on brakes.

I can easily find used ST brake calipers (with carriers) on eBay, then just buy a new set of discs and pads in your preferred brand. From what I've just looked up, I think the ST discs are 278mm, not sure what your options are for 300mm other than going for a big brake conversion from K-Sport or Pumaspeed or similar. I'm sure someone will come along soon to advise on that.

• Like 1

For the 300mm there are some Mondeo calipers, but you do need the caliper brackets. There you can use the Focus ST 170 brake discs.

I also found some nice 4/6 pot K-Sport kits.

Sico Development have what you need. Also try eBay item 173607271727

• Like 1

Thank you guys! I appreciate your help!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club