Morty40

Exhaust filter limit reached - on petrol car?

I’ve just picked my car up from the dealer due to the petrol exhaust filter. Had the car (focus mk4 titanium 1.0) for 5 weeks, exhaust filter warning started about two weeks ago, then got to the point where it was appearing every day. My journey to work is main A roads for about 20 miles each way, so it gets a good run every day.
The car was booked to go in for them to look at it, but the day before on my way to work it went into limp home mode. Car was recovered to the dealer, who have done a static regen on the filter.
I’m not convinced this has ultimately solved the problem, personally I think this will be a short term fix and I can see myself back at the dealer again in a few weeks. There must be some underlying problem that is causing the filter not to regen automatically.
Plus the fact that I also suffered from the oil pressure switch problem, it means that for the 5 weeks I’ve owned the car, it’s been back at the dealer for over a week. I think I’ll be taking this up with Ford directly now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the 1.5 EB with GPF in my Fiesta.

Haven't had any of these errors, but then maybe being an ST I open it up a bit more.

I used to have DPF problems on previous diesels, my journeys aren't particularly long, takes 11 mins each way if I don't get held up, I've done over 4000 miles now.

Even on short journeys, GPF are much harder to restrict than DPF as petrol produces less soot and runs hotter. It requires much less pressure and heat from an active regen to keep it clean.

23 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I've got the 1.5 EB with GPF in my Fiesta.

Haven't had any of these errors, but then maybe being an ST I open it up a bit more.

That's good to know, Alex. Not liking anything I'm hearing about the revised 1.0 ecoboost at the moment, but I was looking to move back to a bigger engine when the time comes to change anyway - all this is making me think that's a good idea. 

Btw - and off topic I know - how are you getting on with the ST seats and suspension comfort wise, now it's done a few thousand miles?

My journey to work is main A roads for about 20 miles each way, so it gets a good run every day.

There's no way that a GPF should be giving problems with that sort of mileage!, it should be passively regenerating without any problem. My daily (well only 3 days a week for the last year!) drive is 25 miles on combination of rural A road, urban A road with traffic lights and a bit of motorway. I've had diesels with DPF for the last 8 years and not had any DPF issues(touch wood!). There's some underlying fault which is causing these cars to show problems and dealers/Ford need to get to the bottom of it rather than just glossing over it with a static regen

On 1/9/2019 at 3:35 PM, pcaouolte said:

You could try 01206 202040, I think that ends up in the same place as the premium rate number 😊

Thanks for that will try on Monday.

Unfortunately this number (01206 202040) takes you to an automated answer calling itself "Prior Approval" no mention in their list of options of Ford Tech support.

I will just keep trying to find somebody who has some answers about Petrol particulate Filters and their limit issues.

Hello. That is supposedly somekind of software problem and ford is aware of it. They are working on the solution, but have no idea when it's ready. At least that's what they are saying to us in finland