Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My wife smashed the drivers side headlight....replacements??

MisterBigMack

Hi 

Just got the unfortunate phone call that my wife smashed the drivers side headlight into a bollard - not ideal obviously - she has sent me a picture of it and I’ve just had a quick look on eBay for replacements

the bulb seems to be fine and intact but the cover and the silver part inside is smashed

my car is a 2012 focus titanium x

4153F930-C576-4171-943A-CACC039A6760.thumb.jpeg.be9f1623fc723470c2aabaf9786feb95.jpeg

85C24273-65B7-4792-AD02-117B736256AB.thumb.jpeg.4b66535c7be9176795378ff5b71f29bb.jpeg

4AEA3261-8AB3-4311-8B69-5681C6FA3265.thumb.jpeg.24eabca90914e679a7f03ed6ffb482cf.jpeg

the bottom image is the eBay auction which I think is the right one, but inside my cover it’s silver but the other one looks black

do they come in different varieties?

and how hard is it to replace? And is £50 around about right for what it costs to buy?

Cheers guys 

You've got bi-xenons, the link you posted is the standard halogen reflector cluster, so not the right one

10 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

You've got bi-xenons, the link you posted is the standard halogen reflector cluster, so not the right one

Oh right

what are these bi-xenons? Is it just a special variety?

and are they easily accessible to buy?

Should be able to get them, more expensive though, I'm not sure how much of the just the casing you can get, without buying a lot of the internals too.

Expect it to be a lot more. Probably at least £200+. Eurocarparts do them for the bonus price of £800.

• Haha 1

A new original HID headlight housing without all of the bulbs and the HID ballast costs approximately €850,- from Ford.

Secondhand HID headlights are pretty rare and expensive. A complete original mint condition HID headlight (which usually includes all of the bulbs and the HID ballast) easily sells for €500,-.

there's some weird stuff on eBay, half have the xenon one showing as the inner lamp

the ford bit is there at £529

Gulp

didnt realise how much they was...

jve seen this one on eBay - is this right?

it is for the pair but it’s the only one I’ve seen for the best price 

9B89353F-B328-484D-A5DB-062E75B9B050.thumb.png.40a146cd5cbdf11f06a75d6a1e1f6774.png

D260A0B2-0F75-471A-81A7-B2620DB726A5.thumb.png.b429307b198aa678255d0f403bacce98.png

there is headlight for 500 but its does not means they are going for this price ,  there is right for 90 so 400 its a joke

You could try ASM autos see if they’ve got a car in for breaking that matches yours. Can sometimes save yourself some good money, like I did buying an AC compressor from them.

When you say the silver is damaged, how bad is it?  As the xenon's use a projector, the silver bit is mostly just decorative, it's not needed for the beam.  I'm just thinking you could buy a cheap halogen light and swap the lense onto yours maybe?

Alternatively, if you have fully comp insurance and are of an age where it's not likely to go up much, you could claim for a new light unit.

I think JW1982 got it right first time...

what you need is rare and very expensive... I didn't find the two for 400 but that seems a bargain based on the cost for what you need (I wouldn't be advertising you found them I'd have bought them).  I think most of the others are confused they are not like for like parts

@TomsFocus... he posted pics at the start she smashed the whole lamp to bits....

How did she manage to avoid hitting the paintwork,  or hearing the front parking sensors though?

Good luck finding a cheap option! 👍

12 hours ago, Botus said:

@TomsFocus... he posted pics at the start she smashed the whole lamp to bits....

Oops...  Didn't look that bad on a small phone screen, with the bumper still fine I thought it was just the clear lens that was smashed.

11 hours ago, pistolpete1 said:

How did she manage to avoid hitting the paintwork,  or hearing the front parking sensors though?

Good luck finding a cheap option! 👍

Front sensors only come on automatically after reversing first...presumably she just pulled straight in forwards...and at some speed lol!

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Front sensors only come on automatically after reversing first...presumably she just pulled straight in forwards...and at some speed lol!

Not always. Mine seem to trigger every time I drive at the bush in my car park when i get home and also when someone rides to close to me at low speed going forwards in a queue, also had a car next to me at some distance set them off and mine set his off too. Quite amusing.

6 minutes ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Not always. Mine seem to trigger every time I drive at the bush in my car park when i get home and also when someone rides to close to me at low speed going forwards in a queue, also had a car next to me at some distance set them off and mine set his off too. Quite amusing.

Well, that sounds more annoying than amusing tbh! :laugh:   Just remembered my Focus didn't have front sensors, it's the Golf that does lol. 🤦‍♂️

5 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

the only brand I know (where they do at least something right) is Mercedes, where front sensors come on below 10mph and go off after 15mph 

… the only issue is to stop being irritated by sloppy driving in traffic they don't react till very close and make so little noise front or rear they are totally useless

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club