Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All new focus Vignale; rattling and wind noise

Viperishmilk91

On 11/6/2018 at 7:06 PM, Martyb1973 said:

Rattles is standard on Fords too. 

I know it's an old thread but just wanted to say that my lowly LX is absolutely rattle free! I'm guessing that it's fitted with so little, there's nothing in it to rattle LOL

• Haha 1

Fingers crossed no rattle so far on my Vignale,  the B&O has been "tested" quite often and I hope that won't be the root cause for future rattling 

Mines developed a bit of a rattle. Drivers door . Not much to it but very annoying. 

• 11 months later...
On 11/5/2018 at 8:16 PM, Viperishmilk91 said:

Hi, I am new to the forum as I have only just purchased my new 2018 Ford focus vignale.

Overall I do love the car, it is gorgeous. However, I am becoming increasingly irritated by unwanted noises..

The first is a wind/whistling noise that is coming through the drivers side window. Most noticeable at high speeds such as on the motorway.

The second is related to the B and O sound system. When there is bass heavy songs playing, there is a highly annoying rattle that comes from both the drivers door and the passenger door. This may seem minor, however when you pay for a car with high quality interior and a high end sound system, you do not expect the experience to be contaminated by cheap material rattling or what ever the issue may be. The same goes for the wind noise; when you are paying for a car which prides itself on comfort and luxury in a quite cabin.. it is not quite the case when you constantly have a wind noise blowing in your ear. 

I was wondering if any other Ford focus or vignale owners have experienced anything similar? And if so did they have any luck resolving the issue. I am yet to receive a reply from Ford themselves or the dealership I purchased the car.

Thanks!

Hi,

I know it's an old post, but did you ever solve the wind noise issue? Having this problem at the moment.

Cheers 

Bringing this back up!

My vignale is starting to develop more of a rattle - it seems to be mainly when the cars in drive and stoped with brake / auto brake on. I’d expect abit but not as much - have uploaded a video at the start it’s in drive and then move to park and disappears. Any suggestions what it is I am tempted to take it into Ford.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club