Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low oil level warning

Mogsy25

Hi all, I’ve got the low oil level warning come up. My dipstick shows 3/4 full on the level.  I doesn’t show up first thing in the morning but when I go back to the car later and start it again it comes up and then disappears after a few seconds?! It’s a 66 sport with 16k on the clock. Anyone else had this issue?

Yep. I had exactly the same at 16000 miles. Topped it up with a litre of oil and within another 200 miles or so I got the ‘change oil’ message. Given advice on here I booked it in for its first service

Have you had your first service done yet? 

Yeah had the service done about 4 weeks ago, I work in a Citroen garage, so the boys did the service, used genuine ford parts, and looked up the oil, so 6.1 litres went in, and I’ve topped up with another 1/2 litre, going to pop some more later, just find it odd I get no warning when it’s stone cold in the mornings and started first time 

Spoke to a ford dealer they reckon it needs to go on a diag machine to be reset after the service? It was reset through the steering wheel controls, I’ve not heard that a car needs to go on the machine after a service?

On 11/8/2018 at 6:57 AM, Mogsy25 said:

Spoke to a ford dealer they reckon it needs to go on a diag machine to be reset after the service?

It doesn't! Make sure they don't charge you for connecting the diagnostic tool ... most garages do (or try to)! One tried to charge me £95 once, Until I told them I design and write diagnostic software for the motor industry. Soon became 'Free' and I told them what the'll find before they plugged it in, because I'd already checked it myself.

You may want to pick up a cheap OBDII tool/adapter from ebay/Amazon for £5-£10 and use FORScan (Free) if you want to read/reset any DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) or just share any codes you find with us on here. We can help guide you as to what kind of response you should get from your garage.

Brill thanks, have had a job trying to get it booked in, my nearest ford garage can’t see it until middle of December because of the eco boost problems, so I’m having to go 40 miles to get it looked at next Thursday 

On 11/9/2018 at 5:04 PM, Mogsy25 said:

Brill thanks, have had a job trying to get it booked in, my nearest ford garage can’t see it until middle of December because of the eco boost problems, so I’m having to go 40 miles to get it looked at next Thursday 

That's the worst excuse ever!!

H

***** warning hasn’t come up for the last three days! 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Down to needing a software update apparently.  They have to order the parts for the air con recall so that’ll have to be done in a few weeks time