Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

ServicingStop.Co.Uk

TomsFocus

Has anyone used servicingstop.co.uk?

Any good?  They seem to have plenty of good reviews online but I don't trust random online reviews lol.

They say they collect the car in the morning, have it serviced (or in my case, just MOT'd) and return it to you later that day...  MOT price currently only £24.  I haven't found a garage charging less than £45 within easy walking distance so far so this seems like a good deal tbh.  But I am very sceptical that if it seems to good to be true, it usually is lol... :unsure: 

my mother recently used them. Seemed a fair price and when they found the back brake cylinder was leaking they got the garage to replace it at the going rate. Nothing extortionate

She did have to pay before they bought the car back, which is fair enough.

• Like 1

ServicingStop? You mean the guys that were on BBC's Rogue Traders last year?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember them getting slated lol

I am very wary of anyone offering a cheap price mot. Probably makes their testers extra tough on finding issues that may otherwise pass. They’ve gotta make the loss back somewhere IMO.

• Like 1

Thanks Luke, I usually watch Watchdog but can't remember that one at all!! 😮 

I'll give them a miss then.  I did email to ask which garage they'd use for my post code but they wouldn't tell me...  Fair enough really as if it was a local one I would've asked them directly for that price...without them having to pay SS's commission. :wink: :lol: 

15 hours ago, stef123 said:

I remember them getting slated lol

I am very wary of anyone offering a cheap price mot. Probably makes their testers extra tough on finding issues that may otherwise pass. They’ve gotta make the loss back somewhere IMO.

I've had that with £50 MOT's in the past as well tbf...didn't even get a free retest either!  So I feel like most will try to rip me off however much I pay for the original test.

There is a localish garage offering a £19 MOT (through Groupon, although they said they'd also honour that without the Groupon) which I just can't understand...  Their main business is selling high end used cars, with servicing & MOT almost as a side business, so I'm guessing the cheap MOT is just to draw you to the showroom to buy a car maybe?  

Trouble is, they're well out of walking distance, and I'm very reluctant to sit anywhere without having quick access to the car with my 'loo problems' lol. :unsure: 

The cheapest I've found so just within walking distance at (3 miles) is £33 which I'm most likely to go for atm. I've used them once before, for an AC regas, which only lasted 2 weeks lol...  So as long as they do MOT checks as well as they do AC system checks it should be an easy pass... :laugh: 

• Like 1

My car is booked for MOT tomorrow.  Five years old, 23,000 miles, just had four new tyres (the only thing it might have failed on, not any more), front pads will need replacing this year but not at the moment.  Otherwise all is well, as far as I know.  I could have taken it to KF at the weekend for £25 but I still booked it into the local council garage where I shall pay twice as much.  I'm not sure why, just got the feeling that those pads might have been an issue at KF!

£30-£40 is about as cheap I've seen an MOT that doesn't fail every car so they can sell you stuff to bump up the price...

I sometimes just wait in the office for them to do the MOT if I take it in first thing. Otherwise I'd be getting a phone call as I walk home. I'm sure nationwide centres probably offer you a biscuit and a brew whilst you wait.

Never used them. I use the local council MOT test centre and pay full price. They don't do repairs there so there is no incentive for them to fail my car. If it fails it will be a genuine fail.

• Like 1

Well, it's booked now.  Got fed up stressing about it!  Not the cheapest, but is within walking distance, and worked out alright with a promo code & Topcashback.

Though I have just received this email -  For your protection please bring the credit / debit card that you paid with and photographic proof of identification such as drivers licence. 

My protection?  They have my reg, and the MOT is paid for already...  What are the chances of a thief stealing my car and taking it to MOT?  :unsure: :laugh: 

UPDATE: Passed first time at Protyre, no issues and completed on time.  Cost £32. :smile: