Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SYNC Updates

The Latman

A few months back someone posted a message and link in this forum to advise that the SYNC update was available for download, I duly downloaded and installed it.

How do we know when there are further updates for it?  I was quite surprised that the SYNC update didn't happen using the 'via WIFI' option (parks right inside my wlan range so it always logs on to my network.)

Have read on here that the wi-fi updates are not activated for UK? My car is always parked next to a strong signal and since March has advised on an almost weekly basis that it has checked for updates, but the system has never updated once, though according to the Ford website updates are available. Last time I mentioned this at my local dealsr, the service people were still under the impression that Wi-Fi updates should happen, as per the vehicle handbook.

These forums are bringing up similar issues with SYNC time after time - pity we can't bring them all together somehow.

Found them on the Ford site, whilst SYNC is up to date, there's a 20GB map update for me.....

Has there been massive changes to it, thats a BIG update.

9 hours ago, The Latman said:

Found them on the Ford site, whilst SYNC is up to date, there's a 20GB map update for me.....

Has there been massive changes to it, thats a BIG update.

Not all of the 20GB update will be changes, the update overwrites the existing data enmasse.  Far arguments sake it might turn out that 19GB of the data is the same as the version you have installed but seeing as different cars will have differing older versions of the software it's easier just to overwrite the lot rather than having to devise (code) logic for each little bit of code as to when it should and shouldn't update.

Personally I'd definitely be installing the update.

16 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

Not all of the 20GB update will be changes, the update overwrites the existing data enmasse.  Far arguments sake it might turn out that 19GB of the data is the same as the version you have installed but seeing as different cars will have differing older versions of the software it's easier just to overwrite the lot rather than having to devise (code) logic for each little bit of code as to when it should and shouldn't update.

Personally I'd definitely be installing the update.

Yeah I figured it would be something like that.  I will be installing the update, just need to be in the car for 90 minutes or so!

2 minutes ago, The Latman said:

Yeah I figured it would be something like that.  I will be installing the update, just need to be in the car for 90 minutes or so!

Just be careful where you park otherwise the "authorities" might be wanting to ask you some questions around why you're sat in your car with the engine running for 90 minutes (at night) :shifty:

:biggrin:

On 11/7/2018 at 2:47 PM, 1979Damian said:

Just be careful where you park otherwise the "authorities" might be wanting to ask you some questions around why you're sat in your car with the engine running for 90 minutes (at night) :shifty:

:biggrin:

Hahahaha 

😃

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club