Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth issue

Gabbo_21

Hi all, I have a Mk2.5 focus which was originally fitted with a blaupunkt travelpilot fx satnav unit which recently failed. It has USB and bluetooth etc... 

I have just picked up a Sony CD player (non DAB version) and having issues with connecting to bluetooth. My phones see the Ford Audio device, and tries to connect but wants a PIN. I think it should show me the pin on the stereo but nothing. Any ideas? Is the bluetooth module I got to new? 

Did you install the correct type of radio?

GEN2 and GEN3 Sony radio's look identical from the outside but are technically different. If you accidently installed a GEN2 Sony radio the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol will not work. GEN2 Sony radio's are based on the older 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system and do not support USB.

The difference between a GEN2 and GEN3 Sony radio can be determined by the part number of the radio and in some cases also by the production date of the radio.

The headunit I picked up says it is a sept 12 unit. CDX-5F611

The date on the unit is usually the expiration sale date. 

The production date is 5 Years earlier. A radio with a Sept 12 date is usually produced in 2007. 

The bluetooth module which was already in my car is 8M5T-19C112-AS this has been working in my Focus with my old FX unit. I brought a Sony CDX-5F611 (P/N VP6M2F-18C821-AG) and believe it came from a Focus. it has a date of 28.09.2007 on it and my Focus is a Mk2.5 2011 model

Production date 28-09-2007 is 100% certain a GEN2 Sony radio. The GEN3 Sony radio's were introduced in 04-2008.

Being a GEN2 Sony radio it is not compatible with your Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module. GEN2 radio's are based on the older 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system while your car has the newer 2nd generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

If you want to keep this GEN 2 Sony radio and make the bluetooth phone functionality work you have to install a 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol module and modify the wiring to the 1st generation pinout. However the 1st generation Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system does not support USB or bluetooth Audio. 

• Like 1

So I’d be better to replaced the head unit.

oh well I’ll keep this one for now while I look for another

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club