Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Focus (UK spec) Rear Fog Light(s)?

Middle1

Have just purchased a 2017 UK spec Focus ST Line. It's the 1.5 TDCi 120PS automatic. Low mileage and via Ford Direct. Can anybody please give a definitive answer on whether this is supposed to have 2 rear foglights or 1? I've previously owned the earlier equivalent (a 2012 Zetec S) and I cannot remember whether this had 2 or 1. I'm pretty sure older models had 1 rear foglight only - on drivers side and reversing light/reflector was on passenger side. This new one has what appears to be 2 foglights but only the driver's side is operating. Cannot decide whether it has a duff or absent bulb or is supposed to only come with the one foglight at the back with the other side a dummy/reflector only. The manual isn't definitive as presumably it covers UK/Europe/USA spec without being definitive on the matter. Does anybody know for certain please ?

I have then exact same car as you, mine is race red. Same engine, PS box and spec. I only have one rear fog.

• Like 2

My Focus MK3 that was built for the German market has 2 rear fog lights as standard.

Because of different regulations and market specific specifications the importer has the ability to have the card build by there own preferences. Because of this the specifications can be different between countries.

It is perfectly possible that UK models only have 1 rear fog light while some other counties have 2 rear fog lights.

• Like 2

Brilliant, many thanks for your responses. It's the second Ford Direct purchase I've made and both have been near-perfect vehicles, so I thought it was unlikely that they would have missed a missing/defective bulb. Mine is also race red and, so far, is just fantastic to drive. 

• Like 1

Yes thanks Mastachaz, I was thinking the same. But if I had any skills at all, I'd know how to find out if it is wired to accept a bulb or not, but unfortunately I'm practically clueless. So I'm probably going to wait for the first service to find out if this will cost me 99p for a bulb to be slotted in, or whether I'll just leave it. My main concern was avoiding an automatic MOT failure in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, Middle1 said:

Yes thanks Mastachaz, I was thinking the same. But if I had any skills at all, I'd know how to find out if it is wired to accept a bulb or not, but unfortunately I'm practically clueless. So I'm probably going to wait for the first service to find out if this will cost me 99p for a bulb to be slotted in, or whether I'll just leave it. My main concern was avoiding an automatic MOT failure in a couple of years.

right side its light left its only fake plastic cover , i know because i swap my bumper to rs one  , to ad second you need to found eu or usa one - as we have right and they have left. , and do wiring.

i hope that resolve your question 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

How often do people actually need to use their rear fog light/s though ??

I honestly cannot remember the last time I used mine....years ago. The law says that visibility should be below 50 metres for you to use either front or rear fog lights and even then all the rear ones do is mask your brake lights and blind the poor sod driving behind you !! 

The only time they are of any benefit is on a quiet road when there is no other traffic directly behind you.

• Like 2