Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Tank Heat Shield

Msc1

Hi guys. My Mk1 failed its MOT today on a broken spring and also because the heat shield near to the fuel tank is missing, which under new MOT regs is a fail as its dangerous, could possibly cause a fire if exhaust heat ignites the fuel. Fair enough, previous owner must have removed it for some reason. 

What's the best way of getting a new one on there? Sourced a replacement shield but this thing I'm guessing goes up and behind the exhaust/tank.

Plenty of advice on removing them, but none on installing so hoping somebody has done this and can advise! Thanks in advance 

Pretty simple it should be the shape of tank there is holes in the outer edges that should match up underneath. Try to get some stainless screws for it and adjust it so it's not fully touching the tank or exhaust or you will get a rattle when closing your doors.

it might not have been removed for a particular reason. it might have fallen off, or more likely pulled off as partially fallen off. They tend to corrode away around the fixing screws so the hole becomes bigger then the head of the screw. You start hearing a clang when you slam boot lid down or similar, you then investigate and find that is the problem and then it doesn't take much to pull it right off due to the corrosion on the remaining fixing points. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have the part number? Bought one of the bay but it's wrong one, they sent me the shield after this particular section despite being labelled as fuel tank heat shield 😒

Can't seem to locate myself only a 1.4 on eBay you might have to get a sheet and cut your own or find one in the scrappy.

Cheers, will be hoping to call out a few scrappys tomorrow. Managed to find it new on the bay but for £59. Sod that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Msc1 said:

Cheers, will be hoping to call out a few scrappys tomorrow. Managed to find it new on the bay but for £59. Sod that! 

59 pounds That's the Wow factor 😅

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club