Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF help

Stan25

I own a Ford Focus 13 plate 1.6 Diesel. About 2-3 months ago the code p2463. DFP restriction soot accumulation. A local garage done a forced regen. Was fine for 6 weeks. So I had the dpf cleaned. Issue was still there so he replaced a exhaust sensor. That fixed the issue. Another 6 weeks now it’s back on again same code. It has not gone into limp mode. And only engine management light is on. Also the start stop is not working   Could this cause this issue.  If anyone has had this problem or could help thanks. 

Is it trying to regen - ie, fans running on after shutoff etc? 

How was the DPF cleaned?  Full removal and proper cleaning or just a spray type stuff while in place?

Was it a temp sensor or pressure sensor that was replaced?

Do you do longer runs or all town journeys, if it's all (or mostly) town, do you use branded fuel or supermarket?

Not sure if trying to regen. It was done like the terraclean.. and then gets like foam out if exhaust. Pressure I think. 14 miles each ways. 5 is dual carriage. Sainsbury Tesco fuel. 

Ok, those Terraclean type things aren't a proper clean.  Due to the way the DPF works, the only way to clean it effectively is to remove it and blow the soot & ash back out the way it came.

The filter was probably still partially blocked after the dodgy sensor so only took a short time to reach the point of bringing the light on again.  

Have you got access to diagnostics?  The next step would be checking the differential pressure and soot loading percentage.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club