Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth address book removal

JohnC57

I have recently bought a 2012 Mondeo Zetec Turbo. I paired my phone with the on board without a problem. I downloaded the address book from my phone to the car without a problem. I then realised the entries in my phone’s address book were a bit obscure and the voice recognition in the car was having difficulties differentiating between them.

I spent a couple of hours editing the names on my phone to make them more accurate. Tried to delete the address book in the car to replace it with the new one but it wouldn’t delete.

The voice command “delete directory” isn’t recognised. I have debonded the phone from the car with the phone’s bluetooth off and reinstalled it with a new four digit code when prompted. All I get is the old address book in the display.

Took it to Fords and a couple of guys had a go, basically doing what I had already tried and Googling the same sites I had for inspiration. All to no avail.

Is there a genius out there who can help? I would be very grateful.

The addres book should upgrade every  time you link your phone to the car, mine does and did on all my mondeos. You could try resetiing the radio cant remember how to do that but pulling the fuse for 20 mins should do it. Have you got the radio code?

Thanks for your suggestion. I know the address book should update when you link the phone to the car but mine doesn't. I do have the radio code and will give your idea a try. Thanks.

edit. sorry, missed in the original post you already tried it.

Debond your phone from the radio. 

Press menu

press the right arrow on the volume knob until the paired phones come up

once the paired phone show press the up arrow on the volume knob until it says "debond phone"

Press the centre button on the volume knob.

then all you need to do is to re pair your phone,

7 hours ago, dghackett said:

Debond your phone from the radio. 

Press menu

press the right arrow on the volume knob until the paired phones come up

once the paired phone show press the up arrow on the volume knob until it says "debond phone"

Press the centre button on the volume knob.

then all you need to do is to re pair your phone,

The OP has already done that

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club