Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Apple CarPlay Stops Working

04wheelerd

Is anyone else having the issue of the apple carplay freezing and having to do a master reset to get it working again?

Mines going to the dealer next week as they think it might need an update but interested to hear if anyone else has had any issues?

Yes, happens to me virtually every time I use it. Generally when using both maps and podcasts/music at the same time. Freezes after 10 mins or so. 

I’ve only recently found out about doing a reset (holding the off and fast forward button for 5 seconds) which has lessened the annoyance slightly. 

I’ve checked online and my Sync 3 is the latest version. 

• 2 weeks later...

See what happens after a software update............

Have you had an update done or not?

• 3 weeks later...

So went to the dealer and said my software is up to date and that its a problem with the iPhone....how I doubt that

What phone do you have? I recently upgraded my iPhone 7 to an 8, and it is a big improvement with CarPlay. The whole system is much faster, I have to say the iOS 12 update also helped quite a bit. If you can test a newer phone (if you don't have it already) you might be able to see if it really is an iPhone issue. 

Something I would try is to repair it, just remove the phone completely from Sync 3 and remove Sync 3 from your CarPlay setting on your iPhone. I did that because Spotify wouldn't work on my CarPlay at first, after I repaired it it worked like a charm. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried an iPhone 10 and also does the same problem. Anyone come up with this issue?

• 1 year later...

Just bumping this post because I've had issues constantly from getting my car with CarPlay. I'm certain its the car as I upgraded from an XS Max to 11 Pro Max and still got issues. Really frustrating as my warranty expires in less than a month. I've booked it in but I might have to stand my ground to get them to replace the head unit....

I'm sure you tried a different cable but just in case:

• Make sure that your USB cable is Apple certified, especially if you see the “This Accessory Is Not Supported By This Device” message.
  • If possible, try a different USB port to connect.
  • If possible, try a different USB cable.
  • Make sure that your USB cable is connected properly.
  • Make sure that your charging port and the USB port are clean and there are no damages.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:39 AM, Tiexen said:

I'm sure you tried a different cable but just in case:

• Make sure that your USB cable is Apple certified, especially if you see the “This Accessory Is Not Supported By This Device” message.
  • If possible, try a different USB port to connect.
  • If possible, try a different USB cable.
  • Make sure that your USB cable is connected properly.
  • Make sure that your charging port and the USB port are clean and there are no damages.

Yes, you must use a genuine apple cable to stop communications issues with Carplay.

Switch off Wi-Fi and automatic updates on your Sync 3 too

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club