Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.25 fiesta loss of power

bigdom

hi 2012 fiesta 1.25 ,  3 k a year but I thrash the odd time , anyway loss of power going down the gears to get up hills , sounds great and sweet as get out on motorway but ooph has gone , checked everything done plugs oil the whole lot , starts stops ok no hesitantsy. on cold start up and I would say on choke it pulls great and goes up hills ok its just when heated up and as I would say chokes off its back to slow on power , obviously its getting extra fuel but that's it , I took of the maf sensor today and wd40 it and stuck it back in to no avail, tried 5 star fuel as well but no good , it use to get on motorway 60 ish down to 40,s because of small journeys the wife does its going thru the fuel now and getting noticeable . any ideas guys 

Not sure I'd describe my old 2012 1.25 Zetec as ever having much 'oomph' but still, I assume you get it serviced regularly? Could be spark plugs or air filter if not. Otherwise fuel filter, fuel pump and injectors are all potential causes.

yeh mate but see where i said when cars cold all seems well , so its getting more fuel or timeings advanced and car goes up hills ok so rules out fuel filter , and spark plugs . 

Have you done any diagnostics - any error codes flagging up?

When the engine idles after warm up are the revs as normal? - seems to me to be some kind of Ecu fault where it is- as you saying adjusting timing some how

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no lites , starts first time sweet a s a pee, as I said lost its oomph and seems to be going thru juice , ford says it has an update but they don't say what for ,oh idles ok no misfires pops or bangs , took out maf sensor as it was ontop of air plenum looked ok and sprayed with wd40 for a clean dryed of and put back in , as I said everything is all ok with the car just have to give it wellie up a hill and sometimes drop a gear or 2 , , tempted to get the upgrade to see what happens , thing is on choke /cold it goes like it should do. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club