Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo tdci 2009 “engine malfunction” please help!?

Olliejames

Hi there, new to this forum, was hoping maybe someone can give me some advice or possibly even know what the issue with my car is as i am running out of ideas now!  

Bought 2009 TD CI Ford Mondeo about six months ago now. Since I’ve had it I have replaced the two plastic pipes on the DPF as the Engine management light was on saying there was a dpf issue. I have replaced the battery on the car and also in the key fob. On some mornings  A warning triangle will appear on the – saying “engine malfunction”, and sometimes this will also be joined by the words “immobiliser active” It is only on some mornings, and occasionally the car will have no lights on whatsoever and will start first time and drive perfectly with no issues.. Some people are telling me that this may be an ECU issue? Others are saying the injectors?? Can anyone Suggest what I might need to do or what the issue might be?? Would really appreciate any input or advice as I just want to get to the bottom of this as I only bought this car as a sensible five door family car as we have just had another baby and so far it has been nothing but problems.. Thanks for reading,

ollie

You need to get the fault codes read, modern cars are to complex without some help from the fault codes,forscan is a free download and it will read the codes you will need an  modified ELM lead as sold by tunnelrat dont bothervwith the cheap ones the are prone to failure, you will also need a laptop.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply, A friend of mine connected a diagnostics reader to it the other day, whilst the engine malfunction light was currently displayed on the dashboard and as soon as he plugged in the reader the warning disappeared and the car started straight away?

So were no error codes recorded? Did he check for codes? The codes are normally stored in the memory even if the warning light/message disappears from the dash display.

• Like 1

I will get him to plug it in again tomorrow if he can and check the memory and post results back on this thread, thanks to those who have replied on here any help is much appreciated 

So plugged it in today and as soon as lead plugged in all lights went out and it came ul as no fault codes at all again and none in memory?? Any ideas people? 

No idea. What reader is he using? Might be worth trying another reader or get your own modified ELM327 lead, then download Forscan and use with a laptop.

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx

https://forscan.org/download.html

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club