Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Red bulbs

Wookie Monster

One of the stop/tail light bulbs in my 2009 focus failed on me a couple of weeks back. Being a late mk2, they're red bulbs in a clear lens. But the originals were more of an orangey red colour, and the replacement is vaguely pink rather than proper red.

Are there any red bulbs out there which are actually red? Or e-marked LED replacements? Just about every otger clear-lensed car I've come across has a clear bulb with a red top hat. Maybe I can get something like that...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eddie eastwood said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, eddie eastwood said:

The replacements came from GSF and the glass was red, so thought nothing of it until I compared the light from the two bulbs. Maybe the other one was just old and so the colour's changed a bit, but surely it's not that hard to make a red bulb that's actually red...

The Halfords ones are the correct red.  They are Phillips branded in Halfords packaging which was the same as I removed so presumably the OE supplier.  Not cheap though!

Cheap red bulbs are more pink (used one for a clear rear fog upgrade) but never had an MOT issue with it tbf.

• Like 2

Had non CE rear red LEDs in my cars for at least the last 10 years (from when the very first LEDS came out), Never had an issue or a failed LED, as long as they work and are the correct colour

I had the Phillips LED ones and they are so bright you could see signs light up miles back but they died so back to crusty red ones for me 😥

• Like 1

Leds should outlive the car! Unless overdriven or over heated

3 hours ago, F0CUE said:

I had the Phillips LED ones and they are so bright you could see signs light up miles back but they died so back to crusty red ones for me 😥

• Haha 1