Sign in to follow this  
jay32

Mondeo Heating Problem

Ive got a 51 reg Mondeo TDDI,

Whilst I was driving it a few days ago the heating was set to hot but was only producing cold air, the temp gage was at half way as normal but still cold air coming through. After 5 minutes it started blowing warm air as normal. Today it happened again, the car had been running for 3o mins so it was fully warmed up, but again blowing cold air continuous but this time it didnt warm up at all.

Can any one shed any light on this

Cheers

Ive got a 51 reg Mondeo TDDI,

Whilst I was driving it a few days ago the heating was set to hot but was only producing cold air, the temp gage was at half way as normal but still cold air coming through. After 5 minutes it started blowing warm air as normal. Today it happened again, the car had been running for 3o mins so it was fully warmed up, but again blowing cold air continuous but this time it didnt warm up at all.

Can any one shed any light on this

Cheers

Bump!

Hey, first thing to check is ya coolant level if this is low you wont get any hot air in you car. Then check for leak. If all this is good it sounds like you waterpump is not pumping the hot water into the heater matrix inside the vehicle. another thing worth checking it the thermostat, easy to change and dont cost much for a new one. let me know how ya get on : )

Hey, first thing to check is ya coolant level if this is low you wont get any hot air in you car. Then check for leak. If all this is good it sounds like you waterpump is not pumping the hot water into the heater matrix inside the vehicle. another thing worth checking it the thermostat, easy to change and dont cost much for a new one. let me know how ya get on : )

It was the coolant level!!! the worrying thing is, it took 3 litres to top it up!!

I will have to keep an eye on this now.

Thanks mate

John