Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear shoes

F0CUE

Done shoes today and they work well but found one side doesn't work with the handbrake only with the pedal is there something else I needed to do? I did have an issue with the annoying spring on the cable which part of it got stuck in the slot can this be what is stopping it operating? Im just dreading having to dismantle it all again lol the springs are so strong you need serious power to pull them.

I don t know the answer.  but your comment about the shoes being strong - are you trying to hook the springs on when the shoes are in their proper place?  it's hard to describe but I hook the springs on to the shoes when the shoes are not within the bottom retainers, and then lever the shoes over the bottom retainers with a long screwdriver. As I say, hard to describe in words.

What was the reason for replacement? Did you ensure both cables were free? 

They were proper scraping and a clip had broke so decided to renew it all. What do you mean both cables free?

I'm working today unfortunately but I'm going to strip it all out tomorrow again and see what is wrong 😭

With the cables disconnnected they should slide easily in their sleeves. If they are tight then you have a problem 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club