Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR valve location

Fordfootforward

Hi, 

I had the dreaded engine management light on along with the p0400 code. (EGR valve malfunction)

going to try giving the valve a clean and just need you wonderful lot to tell me exactly where it is on my engine?

It is a 2.0l petrol duratec he in a 2007 mk2 focus 

Excuse the dirtiness ( that’s the next job !!) 

thanks in advanceimageproxy.php?img=&key=ab107308399acee6imageproxy.php?img=&key=ab107308399acee6

5BA7CC36-73CA-4049-9B61-94CAD8402250.jpeg

post-52487-0-78011800-1335212378.jpg

Mondeo shown but same engine. Just remove the intake hose and you will see it. 1 connector, 2 coolant hoses and 2   8mm or 10mm headed bolts . 

• Like 1

Hi iantt, 

thank you for replying, your engine looks like a different layout to mine, I can’t seem to find anything that looks like the thing your pointing to... the only thing I thought it might be is here where I have marked.. any thoughts?? 

Cheers 🙂

5367891E-8889-4F11-9479-DF781A1662FC.jpeg

Nope, that's the throttle body. Remove the intake pipe and have a look for it.

For the avoidance of doubt I've highlighted the EGR on the pic supplied by Iantt.

I recently cleaned the EGR on the 1.8 Duratec (MK2.5) which is basically the same engine, one of the bolts is an absolute "bar steward" to get to, even with the large rubber coolant hose removed.

image.png.f7dc88bf27dd09cc595c6735e81b2719.png

Below is a pic of the unit partially removed, I found the right hand bolt to be the one that was difficult to access, it was partially obstructed by the plastic pipe/housing shown in the top picture.

Image result for 1.8 duratec focus egr

• Like 1

Wow that’s spot on thank you 1979damian, I will take the air intake pipe (thanks iantt) off this weekend and have a look.... what did you clean your valve with please? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fordfootforward said:

Wow that’s spot on thank you 1979damian, I will take the air intake pipe (thanks iantt) off this weekend and have a look.... what did you clean your valve with please? 

Now worries mate, I used carb cleaner and just made sure it had all dried out before I refitted it.  In the picture, the top plastic part can be easily separated to make cleaning easier, just remove the 4 screws and start spraying!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I’m about to remove the egr valve and wondering if it’s recommended and less hassle to buy a new part or is the cleaning effective for long enough? 

On 12/23/2020 at 2:57 AM, MKII.VJ said:

I’m about to remove the egr valve and wondering if it’s recommended and less hassle to buy a new part or is the cleaning effective for long enough? 

I ended up replacing mine after it started to misbehave about a year after I cleaned it.  It's also a bit of a sod to remove due to awkward access, so personally I'd recommend just replacing it if you're going to go to the trouble of removing the current part for cleaning etc.

• 4 months later...

Just bumping my old thread.. I never got round to cleaning it, just bought a code reader and regularly delete the p0400 code. However, I now have a spare bit of time and want to have a crack! So can you guys confirm please this is the valve? 

do I need to disconnect the battery before removing the electrical connector? 

is it just as simple as those four screws on top? 

any help I would really appreciate thank you

8886EBB5-E894-4043-9847-04BB5199AB45.jpeg

0F68DC5C-31E1-427D-8795-E0DF133EFBA3.jpeg

• 11 months later...

Elvis....Where exactly is this egr valve? The parts store says this is the one I need for my 2006 Ford Focus 2.0L. But I can't find it or get to it? Help if you can? Thanks in advance!!

31 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Elvis....Where exactly is this egr valve? The parts store says this is the one I need for my 2006 Ford Focus 2.0L. But I can't find it or get to it? Help if you can? Thanks in advance!!

Right hand side of the engine (if you're looking at your car from the front), there's a large coolant hose that sits in front of it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club