Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Fiesta MK6 Diesel Remap

Haider55

Hi guys so I've been thinking of getting my car remapped and the price seems decent and the increase in power too. Just wanted to ask would it be worth it and would it cause any problems? 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20181117-163337.png

"65 torque" now that's someone who knows about cars and tuning... The 20% better fuel economy thing is a load of crap. If red line your car from every set of lights, you're still not going to get good economy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would stay clear, £149.99 seems cheap but gains should be stated as a approximation you could do with getting a custom remap, I did being told I would get around 140bhp but when I picked it up he managed to tune it to 151bhp with 350nm torque. I paid £250 but it was in for quite a number of hours while he was constantly tuning it on the dyno and having to unplug the ecu to start bench mapping again until he got the final figures.

• Like 1

Ahhhh my friend got his gold mapped from this guy and it definitely feels faster and he claims he gets more mileage aswell. So you guys wouldn't go for it? I was mainly going to get it for the improved fuel. 

Thanks for the advice guys think I'll give it a miss then. So they are basically over promising it would be more of like a 20bhp increase? 

You won't get improved economy from any remap.  I've had several across various engines and keep records of my MPG...

£150 is the going rate for this ECU, the mk3 Focus ECU requires more work hence costing more.

If this is a HDI tuning map then yeah, I've had a few from them with good results.  If not, who's is it?

• Like 2

That's what my dad was telling me about the fuel, its this company called ECU Pro in Birmingham. I really can't make my mind up so who would be a better option to get it mapped by around the same price? 

59 minutes ago, Haider55 said:

That's what my dad was telling me about the fuel, its this company called ECU Pro in Birmingham. I really can't make my mind up so who would be a better option to get it mapped by around the same price? 

I had mine done at West Yorkshire Tuning in Bradford, I think for your car it's £200, I travelled 150 mile round trip just to go  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

I had mine done at West Yorkshire Tuning in Bradford, I think for your car it's £200, I travelled 150 mile round trip just to go  

Thats too far I think I'll just give it a miss then, save for my next car instead.

Sorry I kept thinking you were looking at HDI tuning 🤣

• Like 1

One of my mates from another forum runs SAWS tuning...that's up North somewhere I believe, might be worth trying them?

I've also used DERVTECH in the past but think they've changed owners now, again worth an ask though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

One of my mates from another forum runs SAWS tuning...that's up North somewhere I believe, might be worth trying them?

I've also used DERVTECH in the past but think they've changed owners now, again worth an ask though.

Yep just had a look at them they have a few locations closest to me would be Manchester will send them an email see what they say. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club