Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello from a NON ford fan! :)

Leon Wall

Hi Guys, after learning my lesson buying a knackered volvo with a crappy Pug engine I have cut my losses and decided to pick up a cheap runaround to last me 6 months or so.

I am off for a 200 mile trip to collect a 1.8LX Mondeo estate with... wait for it 225000 miles on the clock!!,  good thing is it's had a written off engine, box and all that's attached to the subframe 20K ago, so the bits that matter have less than 100k on them, also has Zetec bumper, skirts and 18" alloys on it and full leather interior with the upgraded Sony audio system out of the same car.  I really hope it does me until I have more funds next year. if I like it  I'll keep hold of it for a while 

when I get it i'll upload some pictures.  off for a look round now to see what creations you have all built :)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Leon Wall said:

Hi Guys, after learning my lesson buying a knackered volvo with a crappy Pug engine I have cut my losses and decided to pick up a cheap runaround to last me 6 months or so.

I am off for a 200 mile trip to collect a 1.8LX Mondeo estate with... wait for it 225000 miles on the clock!!,  good thing is it's had a written off engine, box and all that's attached to the subframe 20K ago, so the bits that matter have less than 100k on them, also has Zetec bumper, skirts and 18" alloys on it and full leather interior with the upgraded Sony audio system out of the same car.  I really hope it does me until I have more funds next year. if I like it  I'll keep hold of it for a while 

when I get it i'll upload some pictures.  off for a look round now to see what creations you have all built 🙂

Sounds Mint compared to the Volvo .. atleast if it breaks down your sure to be comfy and well entertained until the AA arrives 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Sounds Mint compared to the Volvo 

the Volvo was great till I changed jobs about 10 weeks ago, after that it just failed, starter motor, at least one injector (diesel) water leak, either cooled egr or head gasket, power steering fault, cd player no worky. a few weeks ago the rear shocker just snapped off in the well!!  apparently a common fault on the volvo and focus that it's based on.   shame really as back in July I did 500 miles to London and back it averaged 58MPG, plenty of power and a joy to drive!   

I got the car home, 100 mile trip it's quite a nice ride, has a few niggles though, front passenger door handle outside does not always work, passenger heated seat button is stuck on and it smells hot while driving, no smoke or anything just the smell. there's a small amount of oil seeping out of the vavle cover so I hope it's that simple?  unless there's a wire somewhere touching the exhaust? 

other than that for £500 it's ok!  the guy I got it from seems to be a complete tinkerer, he's spent soooo much money on it!   when it's clean I'll stick some proper  pictures up. 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club