Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Late 2008 Mondeo bluetooth & audio streaming

Paul195

Hi all

I'm a newbie here, and was hoping someone could help me...

I want to be able to stream audio from my new smartphone to play through my car Speakers. The car is a 58 plate that was first registered on the last day of 2008.

My head unit is the Sony 6CD (non-DAB) and I believe that my bluetooth module is one of the early generation modules, I took the glovebox out last night to find it :-

https://i.postimg.cc/SxTdxcsN/IMG-20181119-224557.jpg

It's model 7S7T-19G488-AE bluetooth voice control and I have the 3.5mm aux port in the glovebox (non-USB). I don't need the USB port as I'm only interested in streaming via bluetooth.

Am I right in saying that if I want to stream audio from my phone then I need to fit an 8M5T-19C112-AM or later ? Also, is my wiring loom going to need replacing / rewiring too because its likely to be the older version ?

As an alternative, I was wondering if it might be worth considering buying a newer head unit instead that has a newer bluetooth technology built into it already, that will be able to take advantage of the apt-X technology in my smartphone (the phone doesn't have a headphone jack so I will have to use bluetooth). If I were to go this route, what criteria would the new head unit need to be able to fit and connect, and what might the price variation be between the two options ? After a quick look, it looks like an 8M5T-19C112-A* module is somewhere in the region of £60 - £130, but not sure what sort of cost a new head unit might reach. 

What would you do in this situation ?

Any advice is gratefully received!

Thanks

Paul

• 2 months later...

(the phone doesn't have a headphone jack so I will have to use bluetooth) or use an adaptor, one of which possibly came with the phone. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club