Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ignition problem?

IRONMAN

Hi all, I'm looking for a little help and advice on my 2008 focus. I have an aftermarket drl relay wired to my fog lights with the last 6 months (with low wattage led bulbs) so the fog lights come on when the engine is running, and a 30 second delay when the engine is turned off. The ignition live is from a piggy back fuse for the  rear wiper.

The problem is, that with the last week the fog lights are coming on, on the second turn of the key (without the engine running) I am guessing there is a problem with the ignition. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

The second turn is the ignition? All the lights on the dash turn on and most go off after a few seconds.

• Like 1

Have you got the Auto on lights function on you headlights switch, if so, is it in the Auto on position when you turn the key to position two?

• Like 1

Hi Guys, Thanks for the reply's I dont have the auto lights function, and I reconnected the fogs to factory setting (wired to fog switch) and removed the fuse from the drl relay, the fogs now come on without the engine running, previously the engine had to be running for the fogs to function.  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club