Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford fiesta service

Dunky

Can anyone help me my car is due an MOT and car service. I normally go to my ford dealership. But not happy with the cost. My brother is a car mechanic and will do my service. What would I need to buy for a fiesta ecoboost on it's 4th year?  Etc... oil, filters?

Thanks in advance

Have you asked about the Ford Motorcraft service option, much cheaper option and covers service requirements for vehicles over 4 years old. Comes with Ford Roadside Assistance (you have to ask for it) which is £94 of AA Relay Plus free.

Have you asked about the Ford Motorcraft service option, much cheaper option and covers service requirements for vehicles over 4 years old.

I've seen this advertised but I'm confused. Why is a Ford service less expensive for vehicles over 4 years old? Surely the service schedule is the same?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxeu/uk/documents/home/owners/service-maintenance/motorcraft/DOC-Motorcraft_terms_and_conditions_for_osbov.pdf

Motorcraft Servicing does not fulfil the criteria of Ford recommended Servicing as detailed the Vehicle Service Portfolio for Warranty purposes. For the warranty to remain effective the vehicle must be serviced in line with Ford recommendations and have the details recorded in the Service Portfolio or Ford Digital Service Record (DSR). If the vehicle is not serviced in line with Ford recommendations,the Warranty on parts damaged as a result of failure to have the vehicle serviced will be invalidated. Ford recommendations for servicing are based on Ford Scheduled Servicing intervals applicable to individual vehicles’ time in service and mileage as detailed in the Ford Service Portfolio

So they're happy to service older vehicles to a lesser standard knowing the owner pays for any mechanical issues that arise? Still confused...

We used to have what was then called a Ford Value service (which I think was the same as what they now call Motorcraft Service) on my Mrs's old Ka Mk 1. This was at the dealers recommendation and we had no problems. Unless you have purchased an extension the car will be out of warranty at 4 years anyway. Don't know if it would affect their attitude to "goodwill" in the event of out of warranty issues, but as we have seen on e.g. the turbo cooling pipe issue they don't seem to display a lot of that anyway😀

27 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

So what do they do different?

Not got any of the old paperwork unfortunately, but I can't remember noticing anything significant. But I am talking a Mk 1 Ka of course - not a lot to it anyway!

Most manufacturers seem to operate similar schemes, possibly to keep up dealership service business and stop customers deserting to the local garage after warranty expires. I've always been happy to stick with the local dealer when we've had an older Ford as I've been happy with their service. Unlike my Mrs's car where I've deserted to the village garage ''cos I wasn't happy with the main dealer.

The main difference is on a Motorcraft service they will not use the ford scheduled service checklists available on ETIS when servicing your car, and parts used can be motorcraft branded, meaning they are refurbished.

The below link has what is covered by the motorcraft service.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/motorcraft/servicing

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

So what do they do different?

A business is out to make a profit, that means charging as much as the market will let them. People who have new cars don't think twice at paying money to service them. People with older cars won't pay as much as the service cost is a higher % of the car's value so it does not seem worth it to them mentally. Also people who have older cars may not be so affluent.  So I reckon the different pricing structure is due to market forces.  You could say the people who have their newer car serviced are subsidising the servicing of older cars. 

On 11/24/2018 at 7:53 PM, Ad@m said:
The below link has what is covered by the motorcraft service. https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/motorcraft/servicing

Right, so the Motorcraft service is essentially a minor service and they use refurbished parts for additional work.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:23 PM, isetta said:
You could say the people who have their newer car serviced are subsidising the servicing of older cars. 

If I compare the price of my 3-year service plan (which includes 2 minor services, 1 major service and 3 MOTs) with buying 2 Motorcraft services and the rest separately, it actually works out about the same price. It also includes 10% off labour and new parts for any additional work.

Was going with ford services for years until about 3 years ago when i left my dash cam on and the lies they said and looking at the time they spent on the car

i said no more.

I go to a family run garage which stamps my book with full receipt and a dam good saving and also the added extra touch with more jobs done,very,very

well respected garage with very good feedback from people i know and use top stuff with Genuine stuff on top of it.

My opinion but they wont lay a spanner on my car again and i always keep my car in tip top form even if its a 2011 car as it came from there from new.

I had a service plan on my previous Ford too. Certainly at my dealer the work has always been good, although I've only ever had routine services, MOTs, warranty work and tyres...

Not ford related but I used to have my Suzuki Alto serviced at the dealer and magically each time something would be "broken". The worst example was claiming all the rear lights were dead needing news bulbs, the funny thing is I was been followed by someone giving me a lift home after dropping the car is and they said they were all working.

Once the warranty was done on the car I went to a local council approved garage who are a good price and very honest. I only carried on going to the dealer as the car need that much doing under the warranty.

Use the Ford Motorcraft on my SMax for the last eight years and had no issues, £155 with mot if l remember correctly and every other year l get them to throw in the pollen filter for free. The Europe wide roadside is a bonus for me as l do three trips to Germany and Austria so saves me paying AA £94 a year. No brainer for me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club